ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 373 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#139807 12/30/03 11:59 AM
P
Fancy light displays seem to be becoming more common in England. Quite a few houses in my area are really decked out with hundreds of lights. I like it! [Linked Image] The only downside is that the more lights are up, the more bare everywhere looks when they finally come down.

I like the brightly painted houses in Ireland too. Look down the average British street and the old brick buildings look so dull and drab.

Same in the UK – park which ever side you want during the day. After dark, it depends on the presence of street lights but I think with no streetlights one has to be on the correct side of the road to display the correctly coloured parking lights – it’s been a long time though!

From the current Highway Code , rules for parking at night:

You MUST NOT park on a road at night facing against the direction of the traffic flow unless in a recognised parking space.
Laws CUR reg 101 & RVLR reg 24

All vehicles MUST display parking lights when parked on a road or a lay-by on a road with a speed limit greater than 30 mph.
Law RVLR reg 24

Neither of these rules seem to be enforced much these days, at least not in this area.

My experience of parking in Ireland a few years ago was pretty much "Park wherever you like." We went up a narrow little lane (just wide enough for one car) in the hills one time to see somebody, and although there was a small driveway, there was no way I was going to turn an LTD station wagon into it due to a couple of concrete posts.

Quote the (Irish) guy with us, to the best of my recollection: "Oh, just stop in the lane. There'll be nobody wanting to get by, and if they do they'll come and find us."

He was right -- We were there an hour and nobody complained! [Linked Image]

#139808 12/30/03 04:07 PM
djk,

Nice Pictures!

My Wife and her Mother just toured Ireland earlier this year. I've never been out of the US. Maybe someday I'll get over there.

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard