ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
T
Third change to Profile. I'm not a high school student any more, I'm now at the Technical University of Vienna studying electrical engineering. Starts pretty tough compared to school.

R
Stick with it mate, you will not regret it. Also, it's good to know I'm not the youngest person here!

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
P
Good luck in college Ragnar.

Having a keen interest in a subject is the most important requirement for this sort of thing. You obviously have such an interest, otherwise you wouldn't be here, right? [Linked Image]

:
how old are you, ryan and ranger?

R

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
C
C-H Offline
Studies at a technical university can be tough at times. My first term was terrible, with work from early morning to late night, but the last two years were easy enough. Could have something to do with them putting all the math in the first two years. [Linked Image]

Good luck!

(I'm not even an electrical engineer. I had to check my diploma for the English title: M.Sc. Engineering and Business Management. Oddly enough, I can't remember taking any course in business management, nor can I find one among the courses on my diploma. Oh, well, who cares? [Linked Image] )

Edit: I'm younger than you too Ryan, if only a year.

[This message has been edited by C-H (edited 10-27-2003).]

T
18. Probably I'm the youngest guy around here.
Yeah, I've messed around with wiring at the age of 3, and my fascination with electricity hasn't changed.

Could have something to do with them putting all the math in the first two years.

Boy, that's true. Currently we're all struggling with maths camouflagued as Physics or Basics of electrical engineering. or just plain maths. I got lectures 8 to 11 AM and then practice, i.e. repeating what we learnt in the lectures. Sometimes also afternoon lectures. On November 3rd I've got my first written exam, physics. Only 1 of 4, we calculated we need to achieve 13 of 25 points to pass.
Oh well, it's gonna get better some day.

:
woh, i never thaught you'd be that young. i'm 20 [Linked Image]
most people in our age doing our job aren't that interested to deal with work related tings in their free time. but i am, and i was before i started the job. can't remember if i was 3 when i started, but must have been before i was 7 or so... [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by :andy: (edited 10-29-2003).]

P
Hey guys, you're making me feel "less than young" at the age of 37! [Linked Image]

I was one of those kids who started playing around with batteries and bulbs when I was about 4 or 5. Things just progressed from there. I remember I was 8 when I assembled my first simple radio. By the time I was 11 my bedroom looked more like a mad-scientist's laboratory than a typical boy's bedroom!

So by the time I left school and started earning my keep, there was already practically no distinct dividing line between work and play.

Better that than to be in work you don't enjoy, eh?

Link Copied to Clipboard