ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/22/24 10:36 AM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 222 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Was it only a few days ago I said it was still quite pleasant during the day?

The last two days it's been chilly, windy, and miserable here. I think winter is on the way.

I don't mind low temperatures if it's calm and dry. Those frosty January mornings when snow lays on the ground but the sun is shining and the air is still are rather invigorating.

I just don't like the gray, drizzly, windy weather that drags on for weeks. [Linked Image]

Trumpy Offline OP
Paul,
I'm in certain agreement with you there, mate!.
Just on the brink of good Spring weather, we have nasty rain and really cold temperatures.
It is forecast to snow tomorrow, I hope that Summer isn't going to be like this, otherwise, are you guys looking for a correspondent on the Electrical systems in Fiji!.

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 10-25-2003).]

P
Daylight savings, known officially as British Summer Time, ended here in the early hours this morning (Sunday).

It won't be long until many people will be coming home from work in the dark again.

In a field a couple of miles up the road the locals have already been stacking up a bonfire ready for November 5.

Trumpy Offline OP
Hey Guys,
I wish I'd never opened my mouth!.
The temperature here reached 43 degrees yesterday at 3pm and it looks like it may go even higher today.
I drank about 6 litres of water chilled in the fridge yesterday, there's no respite from the heat, no matter where you go.
Overnight it was still 22 degrees.
It's too hot to even think straight!. [Linked Image]

H
Ah! Transvaal/Natal Christmas nights - I remember them well!

Better than this
[Linked Image from frontiernet.net] [Linked Image] -3.6C

Been there since Christmas day and keeps shifting around.

43C is a bit too much though - what's the humidity like? Messina on the Zimbabwe border at 45C was fine as it was so dry.

Had 53C on my dial in the bottom of Telfer Gold Mine Pit, Western Australia - that felt hot and you had to keep blinking or your eyes dried out!

It's too hot to even think straight! [Linked Image]

Light [Linked Image] experimentation has shown that ice cold beer works very well in these circumstances [Linked Image]

[Edited 'cos I still can't spell!]

[This message has been edited by Hutch (edited 01-02-2004).]

Trumpy Offline OP
Hutch,
I'm reading the Humidity meter at this time(1702hrs) and it reads 95%.
It's very hot and sticky. [Linked Image]

H
yuck!

P
Had 53C on my dial in the bottom of Telfer Gold Mine Pit, Western Australia

I make that 127 deg. F! [Linked Image] I like to be warm, but that's a little too hot!

Trumpy: 43C / 109F on the South Island?! I thought such temperatures were only ever reached up in Auckland and the north. Looks like you're getting the heatwave we had here last summer.

Trumpy Offline OP
Paul,
Trumpy: 43C / 109F on the South Island?! I thought such temperatures were only ever reached up in Auckland and the north.
I don't think it's ever been this hot here, at least while I've been around.
It's so dry over here, that there is a total fire ban. [Linked Image]

H
I make that 127[.4-sic!] deg. F! I like to be warm, but that's a little too hot!

It was kind of steamy I must admit but we were in the bottom of a ~100m deep pit in the ground with bare white rock wall all around that focused a midday sun right on us – glad I was just visiting and didn’t work there!

My best recollection of heat was just after I’d started work on a South African gold mine. At a planning meeting, the Ventilation Officer, after dodging the issue for some time, finally had to admit that he didn’t know what the exact temperature was in a certain working place because his recording man had passed out! [Linked Image] Sorry if I’ve told that one here before.

Hope you get a break from the heat soon Mike. Please send some this way! [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard