ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
and often extra blue strobes built into the grill on the front of the car and possibily installed behind the rear windshield too.
We have those in England now too, along with the "wig-wag" headlights on some cars. I don't think they've installed any alternating back-up lights yet, as on some U.S. cruisers. I suspect that may be because of the U.K. lighting regulations about not showing a white light to the rear except when reversing.

The same rules also say no red lights visible from the front -- If you look at some of the British cars on ThinkGood's link above, you'll see that where they have added lights besides the blue the extra strobes are red to the rear and white to the front.

It really would be a good idea if they could reduce the number and/or intensity of these lights at night. I wonder how many accidents these things have actually caused due to drivers being momentarily blinded by them.

D
djk Offline
Yeah they use stelth cars with all the strobes hidden behind the windows or in the grills here too for some traffic patrols where they're trying to catch speeders, dangerous drivers etc.

They've rolled out a TrafficWatch number here where by you can phone a 1-800 number and report traffic violations to a call centre that passes it on to local gardai (police) who investigage. All very strange getting members of the public to inform the police like that.

S
Of course those "secret police" cars are always a dead giveaway.

Ford Crown-Victorias and before that it used to be the Chevrolet Caprice (before the blockheads at Chevrolet decided to discontinue them). Who else drives those damned beasts? [Linked Image]

Now if the undercovers were tooling around in little Zastavas (Yugos) or Chevrolet Altos (two cool little cars you can't get here in USA [Linked Image] )....we'd have something going here.

Then again...considering the trends here in the USA, if they want to blend in, they'll have to pull out the big 4x4 trucks!!!

C
C-H Offline OP
Perhaps a Smart Car as a police car? [Linked Image]

[Linked Image from ananova.com]

[This message has been edited by C-H (edited 09-26-2003).]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard