ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#138651 09/20/03 07:40 AM
P
Has anyone out there had problems with tenants in rented property??

#138652 09/20/03 09:58 AM
PaulC,
Where do you want to start?. [Linked Image]
For a start for me, would be getting the landlord to agree on repairs that HAVE to be done to turn the Main Switch back on.
But I am sure that you didn't want to bring that up.
Are we talking tenants that are nasty and dont pay thier bills and just don't want you there, although they have an Electrical Fault, that has caused the Mains fuse to blow!. [Linked Image]

#138653 09/20/03 01:08 PM
J
Paul,

you really do not want to go there.!

I spend something like two months of the year trying to get landlords and tenants to allow our staff to do works that could save there lives.

you should try student rented appartments and the such like, by christ there are animals.

desctruction is an understatement, i have had the local poco out so many times to re do all connections to meter pans it is scary, they are down right dangereous.!

Next

John H

#138654 09/20/03 09:32 PM
Paul,
I once had a tenant in a place attempt to set his dog(a Rottwieler(sp?)) onto me, to try and prevent me from pulling the pillar box fuse.
Long story short, I rang the police, eggheads like this, I've got NO time for!!. [Linked Image]
I've seen it all, mate, rental accomodation over here, is full of people that just don't care about the place they live in, even though they don't own it, no respect for other people's property!, this really gets me going. [Linked Image]

#138655 09/21/03 04:59 AM
Paul,
And another thing is urban people that move out to the country to rent a house out there.
But they don't like the smell of cow manure or any other country-type smells.
This tends to sour even more when a line falls (11 or 22kV spur) and they can't have a Faultsman there at the snap of the fingers.
I've had lots of stand-up arguments with these people, especially in the early hours of the morning and they want the power back on instantly, as if I am supposed to wave my magic Hot-stick and make everything OK!.

#138656 09/21/03 11:34 AM
P
Its just a friend of mine rents out a house to this right idiot,,

he decided to take the floorboards up to assist the plumber (he was due there in a couple of days)and took his jig saw with a 3 inch blade, and cut through the floor board, along with all the cables below it..

The funny thing is the board had been up before,, of course to install the cables below it..

What a complete bafoon,, must have been quite a bang and flash,, haha,,

Now he is complaining that the wiring is unsafe..

#138657 09/21/03 01:11 PM
C
C-H Offline
Well,
he WAS trying to help. Sometimes things just don't work out quite as you expected.

I can only imagine the problems the landlords have with tenants in less well off districts. Earlier today two alcoholics were fighting below my window and broke a shop window in the process. I don't want to know what it is like having to deal with these people as tenants.

[This message has been edited by C-H (edited 09-21-2003).]

Link Copied to Clipboard