ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#137198 06/09/03 05:59 PM
L
In N.Ireland ontractors seeking government or public works contracts from April 2004 must ensure that ALL their operatives have the CSR card (construction skills register).This is achieved by sending operatives to a training provider for ONE day. Here they will be bored senseless, asked to complete an end test that a dead slug could pass before being issued with a very important looking identity type card. This apparently will have a positive impact on health and safety in the construction industry!Bah!
What sort of health and safety competence is required of operatives elsewhere?

regards

lyle dunn
#137199 06/09/03 06:11 PM
P
Sounds like another "pie-in-the-sky" government scheme which will just increase bureaucracy and costs while achieving nothing worthwhile.

I've never been involved with govt. contracts in England. What is required of contractors here? NICEC registration alone, or something more?

#137200 06/15/03 01:52 AM
Lyle,
I agree with Paul, in this respect.
Any Health And Safety regime should be Privately-Owned, to make it accountable to those that use it.
Anything Government-owned is bound to have HUGE in-efficiencies and we all know how G/Departments run to escape blame when something does go wrong.
Save your money and have a Privately owned scheme!.

Link Copied to Clipboard