ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#136559 04/10/03 07:11 PM
Trumpy Offline OP
T5 fluorescent tubes are just being introduced over here in NZ.(the longer ones)
In case you are not aware, the T5 tube is 5/8" in diameter(16mm) and comes in roughly the same length as the older T8(1")tubes, although it was only ever used in the shorter lengths(300mm max).
But with any new tube system, you need new fittings,check these ones out at www.thornlight.co.nz you will however need to click on Micropak, once you get there.
Tell me what you think of these new fittings?. [Linked Image]

C
T-5's have made a few appearances here in the US as well. I have seen them in some distributor catalogs but I have yet to see the 4' (300 mm) variety in service. I think it's only a matter of time before they come into widespread use. As it is, T-8 has rendered the once ubiquitous T-12 obsolete here.

Anything that saves energy is Ok in my book!

Peter
Trumpy Offline OP
CTwireman,
The T5, is used a lot in it's shorter lengths (100-200mm), for Emergency Lighting Systems apart from there, I haven't really seen them in anything else(Oh, them Fluorescent torches use them, too). [Linked Image]

Mike Trump

P
My usual supplier's catalog lists T5 tubes in 6, 9, 12, and 21-inch sizes, although I can't say that I've noticed them being used that much around here.

Trumpy Offline OP
Guys,
I think what was happening, was there was all this marketing hype over here, to start using these types of fittings in Commercial alterations and for new installations.
But, the one thing I hate about Fluorescent lighting, is that it is really annoying to find faults in them, if they break down.
Especially with Lead/Lag fittings!.

Link Copied to Clipboard