ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1356 05/08/01 07:54 PM
W
wayne Offline OP
My General Liability Insurance is comming due shortly and was woundering if any of you guys knew or if there are any better rates than what I am paying now.

I have a million in coverage and its running $ 560.00 a year.

I guess all of us needs to check out different companies from time to time for the prices sometimes is overwhelming.

thanks in advance guys. [Linked Image]

Wayne

S
wayne;
i have a 1/2 mil @ $300+ yr,( how big a fire can i start anyhow?) it's all the little bells & whistles that matter, surf up some quotes on line ( maybe that little lizards around?) [Linked Image]

R
Approx. $550.00/yr. for $1 million per incident, $2million aggregate. (Phila area.)

I've got $1M for about $500, but I like Sparky's idea... I feel the same way.. just how much damage can I do?

I've always felt that insurance was an excuse for shoddy work... "screw it, I'm covered..."
and the Sparky who feels he really needs liabilty insurance should find another trade like being an insurance salesmen or something.

Sort of related: WV requires auto insurance, so having to spend lots of cash on mandetory insurance leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I put insurance in the same category as the lottery, the stock market, doctors and lawyers... there just out to get your money, period.

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
F
I pay $275.00 a year for $1 mil, $2 mill agr. here in Indiana. The company is Grange Mutual Casualty.
I don't worry about my work, but the volunteer fire departments around here usually just shrug and say "must have been something electrical". A 50,000 bushel grain bin/dryer full of soybeans or corn can amount to a lot of $$$$. Not to mention anything within 100 yards of a fire that hot.
What gets me are cities that require the proof of liability insurance PLUS a $2000.00 bond before the will let you test for a license. Once you get the license, it's $75.00 a year, proof of liability insurance and the $2000.00 bond. What's with the bond?

S
local extortion $$$ [Linked Image]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Perhaps the bond is for
"screw it, I'm covered..."
unprofessionals so they have a personal stake in not being sued.

It also could be in case there is a civil dispute that is not an error or omission.

Of all the things to be quoted saying...sheesh!

[Linked Image]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
Keep us apprised here of your online search for good rates.

If you find a decent Co. that gives quotes online and has decent rates maybe We can start a 'Group' Eh?

Any interest in that?

Bill

Bill
S
I pay $800 for 1 million liability, I also have my tools insured.

Liability is required by Westchester County which is my licensing agency. I also have to buy a $5000 bond for Putnam County in addition to the insurance.

I feel that the insurance is a small price to pay for the potential that exists.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard