ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 277 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SvenNYC Offline OP
A French plug....like this one...made by Legrand. It's specifically for the French market, not the combination Schuko/French plugs (already have those).

It looks somewhat like this - doesn't have to be _exactly_ like this one:

[Linked Image from castorama.fr]

Also looking for a two-pin round hole UNEARTHED wall receptacle like this one:

and the earthed French version:

I will, of course, pay for how much they cost in the store and also the postage. Just let me know how much I owe you. Thanks!! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by SvenNYC (edited 02-22-2003).]

B
We have them here in belgium in a different brand. The plug is combination schuko/french but the sockets are the french type.

[This message has been edited by Belgian (edited 02-22-2003).]

S
SvenNYC Offline OP
As long as it is a reputable brand, it doesn't matter. [Linked Image]

Are the French-only plugs even sold in Belgium or just the CEE-7/7

B
It is maybe possible to get the French only type plug from Legrand, but it's not common. It depends how many you need. Since I would have to order it specially for you, I doubt that it would be possible to order only one piece. May I ask why you insist on this type. Can't the French/Schuko type do the job?
I use only reputable brands. The French/Schuko type plug that is used most common here is from a brand called Vynckier which belongs to the GE power control group (yes, General Electric). Their website is www.gepowercontrols.com
The socket that is most common here is from a Belgium brand called Niko and their website is www.niko.be
We have two types of earthed type, One flushed with the wall and one not. We call them diep and undiep. We also have the unearthed type.
I hope that this info is of help to you.

S
SvenNYC Offline OP
Well...I just wanted that particular style because it looked weird...and i did like the ring-handle - it's no big deal. [Linked Image]

But if it's going to be a hassle and expensive then don't worry about it. I have CEE 7/7 plugs at home that work perfectly.

Are the surface mount earthed and un-earthed outlets readily available? I noticed Niko did have them in their website. I'd be interested in buying one of each.

B
Yes, from Niko everything is available.

S
SvenNYC Offline OP
That's cool....I wonder if they'd sell directly to someone in the USA. I didn't see anything on their website.

Or how would I go about getting them? I just want one surface mount unearthed and one surface mount earthed.

B
I've sent you a e-mail.

T
LOL! I LOVE the prewired double outlet! I've hardly ever seen companies offer something that obviously useless. It really isn't that hard to cut a length of wire and connect the receptacles while mounting them! And having them prewired just raises the price.

D
djk Offline
It might make some sense for DIY stuff and DIY is pretty popular in France.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard