ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 462 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
A couple comments for Joe:

Most moderators are very cafeful about copyright violations. I noticed that you have posted links with essentially no commentary. That is regarded as a copyright violation by many laywers. The statue allows $150k plus costs for each violation. This is a nice source of income for those who care.

You give an extensive list of questions for DIYers. Most of them are not (should not be) relevant to DIYers.

In one of your posts you gave the minimum distance of a hole from a stud edge as 1-1/4" . That may be an NEC requirement. It does not meet all engineering requirements. It is easy to make mistakes in giving advice.

Finally, as a moderator it is best to not post any comments of your own except those that deal with the actions you are taking as a moderator, such as why a post was removed.

Rick:

The messages are where you posted them, just do a search for your name, and you'll find them.

I have deleted many old outdated posts, and those answered by one person, having all the time in the world to give opinions not related to the code, and actual trade practices.

George:

I wouldn't worry about what I am posting on the web, my pages have been on line for quite some time, and many use my images, and I have many links throughout the net and we are all aware of the issues you raise.

www.joetedesco.com

The quiz was one of the first I developed for combination inspectors in Pasadena, California in the early 80', and is in my book "Basic Checklists for Building Electrical Inspection"

I am surprised that you don't recognize them as simple questions, that I would expect anyone who is planning to install electrical wiring to answer.

In answer to your concerns for the dimension given, it is a well known rule we in the electrical industry are aware of for a long time.

I looked for information in your profile and you too don't provide any.

Are you an electrician, or engineer, or someone who is considered as a qualified person?

PS: I will delete any posts that are rude, vulgar, get off the subject, or those that are not correct.

Most of the questions, before I became moderator there were asked by one person who never came back, and most were answered by one or two persons, some of which are still on the board and some were closed because one answer is all that is needed when it comes to who should do the work, and those did warn the writer to hire an electrican.

I heard Bob Vila himself last Sunday say on his show "When it comes to wiring I always recommend staying away from life threating situations" Good advice!!

Look Here: Some power point files here that can be downloaded.

http://www.ieee-pcic.org/safety/2000_agenda_items/

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 09-10-2002).]

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
S
On handymanwire it seems that if someone other than the moderator says to call an electrician the moderator just deletes the post.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard