ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 464 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#135208 01/03/03 06:34 PM
P
The actual current needed to crank the engine varies considerably, depending upon whether it's a little 4-cyl motor or a big V8 and whether it's hot or cold etc. Diesels also take more cranking due to the higher compression ratios.

I once bought a camper van which had the original vehicle battery slung under the chassis, truck style (it was based on the Bedford CF). Somebody had wired an auxiliary leisure battery and just kind of strapped it into place behind the driver's seat. The wiring was just a shabby, with no fuses etc. I soon moved that onto the tray alongside the original battery.

Apart from anything else, one of gasses given off during charging is hydrogen. Not exactly what you want floating around inside a camper where you have naked flames on the stove!

#135209 01/03/03 06:43 PM
D
djk Offline
Well my 97 year-old great granny spent the last 40 years or so sleeping under an electric blanket!

i.e. a blanket that has a criss-crossing lattice of wires that warm-up when you pass a current through.. (older ones used the full 220V 50Hz supply all that protected her was a 2amp fuse!!!) She also has something that resembles one huge furry boot that you put both feet into with a similar heating system.

She couldn't be healthier! [Linked Image] Could it therefore, using similar logic, be proven a nightly dose of EMF / Energy Fields is a good thing?

And what about police radios? (they've been around for years!)
Traindrivers / staff must be exposed to massive EMFs from overhead 1.5KV DC / 25KV AC lines etc..
People working in telecommunications and broadcasting are regularly sorrounded by racks of EMF producing equipment..

It doesn't make that much sense really we're bombarded with environmental background EMFs anyway originating from the earth or from space. Even the electro-chemical processes in our own bodies produce low fq EMFs!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard