ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Electricians revenge
by gfretwell - 05/09/24 08:24 PM
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 164 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#134863 12/21/02 09:21 AM
T
In Vienna a PoCo technian reseals them, and he usually doesn't even bother to take a look at the wiring (as long as he doesn't see the loose splices and cables hanging out of open walls upon entering the appartment/house). In our case he just came, openend the meter enclosure in the stairway with the standard key (there's one key for any type of meter (power, gas,...) and fuse enclosures), put on the seals and disappeared without us even noticing him.

#134864 12/21/02 09:53 PM
D
Trumpy,
PoCo re-seals meter, but under the new arrangement qualified contractors (like myself) are issued with temporary paper seals to put over the cover screws.
These seals are supposed to discourage meter tampering by the householder until the next routine visit by the PoCo to fit a permanent metal seal. The temp. seals have a serial no. which has to be recorded with the installation address and sent to the local PoCo office.
The PoCo will not inspect the quality of work if you are an approved contractor (SELECT or NICEIC), as we certify our own work.
Non approved contractors are supposed to be charged a £40 re-sealing fee, and I believe this includes a brief inspection of the PME earthing & bonding. I don't think the inspection is any more detailed than that.

#134865 12/21/02 10:57 PM
Trumpy Offline OP
David,
Over here, an Electrical Inspector re-seals the meter covers, using a short piece of High-Tensile wire and a Lead Sealing Ring.
If you are not registered over here, cutting one of these, will normally(provided you are
caught),land you in court, theft of Electricity, is taken very seriously over here. Depending on how long it has been going on and how much you have stolen,
you could be looking at a prison term of up to 5 years. [Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard