ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#133958 10/11/02 04:10 PM
P
pauluk Offline OP
A hint for new members:

Feel free to look back at older threads and add any comments and questions!

If you haven't found this yet, take a look at the top right corner of the page when it's showing the list of topics. Just below the "Post New Topic" button is another option which will let you adjust how many threads are listed.

If you click on the box and then select "Show all topics" you'll get a much longer list of topics going back farther than the 30 days which is the default.

Happy browsing!

#133959 10/11/02 10:56 PM
A good Tip Paul!

Another thing you can do if you wish is to set your default to view more (or less) days of topics. This can be done by adjusting your 'preferences' using the link in the same general area that Paul pointed to in the previous post.

Note - each page will only contain a maximum # of threads. The rest will be on following pages (23456 etc.) linked at bottom right below last thread listed.

Enjoy!, and if you see something you'd like to add somewhere, Please do!

Bill

Bill
#133960 10/11/02 11:11 PM
Thanks for bringing that up Paul,
always makes great reading. [Linked Image]

#133961 10/13/02 12:59 PM
J
Thank Pauluk,
been an avid reader for quite a while now, just decided to use the membership side of things, now i spend my sunday afternoons looking at and commenting on what i see, sometime in the future i am going to purchase a digital camera and photograph some of teh really bad sites that i get inflicted on me,
like the one at an indian restaurant in the New Forest with a six way MEM bis board on the rear outside wall of the property with two double surface sockets (receptacles) and two light fittings, and a supply to the shed at the bottom of the drive, that was even worse !!!

bye for now

#133962 10/13/02 03:50 PM
P
pauluk Offline OP
Welcome JA! Nice to see some more of our "lurkers" coming into to add their 2 cents worth! Or in your case, should that be 2d worth? [Linked Image]

There's a house not too far from me with a Wylex Standard Range unit mounted just under a car porch. I suppose some shelter is better than none, but this being the Norfolk coast, I hate to think what the inside of that panel looks like exposed to the elements like that.

This being farming country, some of the shed and outbuilding wiring here really takes the blue ribbon for inventiveness.

Link Copied to Clipboard