ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#132451 08/17/06 09:16 AM
G
Gloria Offline OP
Dear All,

Who is rich of you, and has problems with Windows, getting error messages, etc, will you please test the program: http://www.fix-errors.com/

I'd really be courious if it worths it to pay 20$ for this sw, if it really helps me out, cause it says I have 1450 errors in my windows.

If it's really as good as they say, I'd try it without hesitating.

Pls help.

The world is full of beauty if the heart is full of love
#132452 08/17/06 10:27 AM
This looks like a Registry fixer. There are several of these available online, and $20 ain't a bad price. I can't say about the quality of this particular product, but registry fixers are a really good idea for a computer that's other than brand new.

Just be aware that although registry errors are numerous and bad, fixing them isn't exactly a cure-all for Windows. Lots of potential pitfalls in Windows. Any Windows. Equally important of course is spyware & virus protection, etc.

Radar

There are 10 types of people. Those who know binary, and those who don't.
#132453 08/17/06 10:37 AM
G
Gloria Offline OP
Radar,

thanks for the comment. I use a company pc, but I have the same problems at home, "when defrag doesn't help anymore...." sort of.
So here in the office I suggest to reinstall all, after saving all necessary data to an independent drive. They'll do it, not me.

In fact I've had a problem installing some files like msn messenger, Visual Studio 2005, and windows updates. I asked many discussion groups, but no idea of the cause of the error.
I'll try it at home after next salary. With one code I can do it again and again.
I hope. [Linked Image] I'll doublecheck.

#132454 08/17/06 11:54 AM
G
I run Norton system doctor occasionally against my system and it always finds dozens of problems but fixing them seldom makes anything better. I am still using AOL and that software "IS" a virus. I see at least one BSOD a day. Dr Watson always says it is some kind of memory leak. Ah the joy of Windoze.
When I really have something to do I will do a cold boot with nothing but the application I plan on using.
I regularly go into the "run" boxes of the registry and delete all of the applications that install themselves there whenever yoiu run them (Quicktime, Total Recorder, misc McAffe stuff and the AOL monster among others).
I will be happy when AOL goes public so I can pull all their software off. I am still not sure what Email client I want to run. It certainly won't be Outleak. I am using Agent for my newsgroups and it seems pretty solid. No cartoon interface there.

Greg Fretwell
#132455 08/21/06 11:26 AM
G
Gloria Offline OP
I recommend here too Mozilla, in google pack you can find it along with many other useful stuff.

My pc is a mess now, thank God, it is not mine.

BTW our national celebration with fireworks was swept away yesterday by a huge storm, many hurt and 3 died including a 12 years old girl. :~(

#132456 08/22/06 09:41 AM
Greg,
I've been using Mozilla Thunderbird for about a year and a half now and it seems to work a lot better than Outlook Express.
I got sick of OE throwing a wobbly on me all the time, so it's not used anymore.

#132457 09/01/06 07:50 AM
G
Gloria Offline OP
Well, I tried, spent the money, but can`t really see the result. Otherwise the rest of my problems are solved since I copied some unimportant enormous marketing files to disk, and others to D, now I have free space on C.

Btw, anytime I had ploblems lately, just googled it and puff, there`s the solution. (not on MS website I must say).

Thank for all the good guys out there.

#132458 09/12/06 03:52 PM
Gidday Gloria,
One thing to be mindful of, when downloading any sort of software.
This stuff can often cause it's own problems, with in-built spyware, or if you are really unlucky, a virus or a Trojan.
Just be careful.
There is a lot of very good software out there, but some of the stuff is written by anti-social types that just want to spread their rubbish and cause harm to other people's equipment.
They should hang people like this. [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard