ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 254 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#132306 09/27/05 04:44 PM
E
Not a computer expert so I will try to make sense of this. I reinstalled the oroginal software to my computer to bring it back to it's original condition after having freezeups crashes etc. I then upgraded to Windows XP. Everything is working great. The problem I now have is whenever I come to this site and Mike Holt's I have to log in each time. I also don't get the new post indicators on the topics it just shows everything as being new. I used to just pop in see what was new and post here and there. Now it is a real pain in the rear. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

J
You probably have cookies disabled in your browser, they are small files that store information about the sites you visit, for example cookies are what control the little lightbulb next to the discussion areas to let you know there is a new post. If you are using Mozilla click on tools -> options -> privacy -> cookies and make sure they are enabled. For Internet Exploder click tools -> internet options -> privacy -> edit (under web sites) -> type in address of sites and click allow. That will allow the web sites you list in there to leave cookies on your computer. Hope that helps

Jim

Link Copied to Clipboard