ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 516 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#131591 09/30/03 07:44 AM
P
It could be too many TSRs, the hard disk may be full, low ram etc.
I haven't heard of viruses that slow down mice, but I think cats make them move faster.

Computers are like sports cars; they drive fine in the beginning, but need tuning every once in a while or they start to puke.
You may have to suck up to; or threaten your son. Tell him you want your genes back.

The best way to work on your unit is 'hands on'. We can do what we can from the net, but your son would save lots of time and the cost of a local pro.
If you have potato chips and pop, you may be able to get a local highschool or computer club kid to 'tune it' for a good price.

#131592 09/30/03 03:04 PM
P
One big problem with Win-Doze is the way is gets slower, and s-l-o-w-e-r, and s--l--o--w--e--r over time as it collects all manner of junk that it keeps sifting through for no good reason.

Scott mentioned IRQs (interrupts): So much Windows software ties into IRQs that after a while even a basic interrupt call-poll process gets much slower than when you first installed Windows. (It also partly accounts for the cases where a program which normally runs fine suddenly crashes for no apparent reason.)

Before reformatting the disk on my friend's machine the other day, I nosed around the directories and found over a thousand temporary files left behind by various Windows applications!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard