ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[Linked Image]

I owned one of these, and was happy to print out about eight pages to hand out during my training of electricians.

I did, however have some experience with my old Olivetti and Royal typewriters --

Antiques for sure!!

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 07-01-2002).]

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Joe!

Got my first 'computer' at Toys R Us the Vic-20 and then the Commodore 64 soon afterwards. I used to enjoy writing basic programs for them. [Linked Image]

Bill

Bill
E
I think I was in seventh grade and we were learning on the radio shack TRS 80 I believe. We had one computer nerd teacher for the whole city and the rest of the teachers knew nothing about computers. We played ALOT of "Oregon Trail"
Must have used miles of paper printing stuff like that out!

E
That last one actually spelled my name when I did it. Oh well you get the point.

Anyone for a game of ZORK ??

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
B
Had an associate that, through a fluke, (timing) became a serviceman in his building of the orignal IBM PC. He insisted that the orignal came with *4KB* of RAM and as a pricey option, 16KB.

With two full-height floppy drives, (180KB ea.) you could run "VisiCalc." Wordstar was orinally offered for the pre-DOS "CP/M" operating system.

P
Ah, memories.... [Linked Image]

I started "playing computers" in about 1977 with an old mini system at my school (I've forgotten what model it was). Changed schools and went on to using the college PDP-11/40 via an ASR33 teletype, and another old mainframe (Elliot 803) that was donated to the school. They eventually bought a Research Machines 380Z.

My town at the time had one computer shop. Not the glitz and glamour of today's store back then -- just a dingy little back street shop in the low-rent district with circuit boards piled high and open systems on every flat surface. I remember drooling at the then new Commodore PETs and TRS-80s, just imported and at an astronomical price.

First system I owned was one I built from a kit called the Acorn Atom. (I'm not sure if that was ever sold in the States.) About a year later I'd left school and was in work, so I treated myself to the newly launched BBC Micro, also made by Acorn. There's still a lot of support for that computer over here.

I acquired/used various CP/M systems after that -- North Star Horizon springs to mind. I still like the simplicity of the old CP/M software. Who needs a Pentium processor with a 1000Gb drive just to write a letter anyway? [Linked Image]

L
HaH! That brings back some memories!
I had ColecoVision, then Intellivision.
I used to play Zork on my Atari 800XL in 1985?
I also had a speech synthesizer that I built from and a computer magazine. They had the program in there that I had to type in by hand, so I learned a little basic. It took a while:
Line 0001:.......
Line 0002:.......(or something like that)
It sounded really cool, and would say whatever I typed.
My computer now still doesn't talk, although I'm sure there is a program out there.

West of House

You are standing in an open field, west of a white house with a boarded front door.

There is a small mailbox here.

>_

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
P
Don't recognize that one '66, but how many here have the magic words XYZZY and PLUGH etched into their minds? [Linked Image]

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard