ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
3 members (ampherder, Scott35, sabrown), 151 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Scott35 Online Happy OP
Broom Pusher and
To continue the discussion of Railroad and Locomotive stuff, carried over from the thread entitled:
Re-using existing wirenuts
in the General Discussion area, this thread has been created and linked.

Need to paste a link in the referenced thread, then I'll jump back here again with some links to on-line RR images I have submitted.

Scott35

Anyone that wishes to discuss this stuff, feel free to post a reply message (in this forum area, of course!)

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Scott35 Online Happy OP
Broom Pusher and
Take a look at the Rail Road and Locomotive Pictures I have contributed, and see if there's something worthy of discussion.

The above link will take you to the main page for "My Photos Area" of that site. From the main page, you have around 10 choices for lists (thumbnails included in all lists).

I'll paste some specific URLs / links and a few images within new replies.

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
F
hi scott ;

yeah i am glad to know about the railroad stuff and i work on quite few diffrent locos both ge and emd's and i allreay ran into old alco before and i drove the sd45 that is a nice one but going to be gone very fast due the manatice cost getting too high and fuel comupstion is too much for 3800 hp engine anyway ( it have 20-645 engine in it) and i will try to post my picture in it if i rember where i put my photo is [Linked Image]

3 years ago i did use the sd 60 loco for electric generator duty for short while ( 2 days running time ) it crank over 3.5 MEGAWATTS and that is alot of juice at 480 volts the engine was running at 720 rpm but can crank up to 900 rpm but the hz will be off the bat it have 10 pole alternator init .

the railroad forum that where i am there from time to time let me try to get the web address there it is www.railroadforum.com

merci marc

my sn at railroad frorms is coolfrenchman

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

F
hi scott i stop by to see what is going on here sound very quiet here anyway what railroad fourms you use yet so far ?? i try to find it in my railroad fourm there but cant find it just drop off a line to me and by the way there are few change in north central area the CN did got rid of old sd-45 already but the rent a wreck is very annoy to us here he he will chat more later merc marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

Link Copied to Clipboard