ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 347 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#127023 03/30/01 06:53 PM
S
chaos sciences sounds interesting...

[Linked Image]

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

#127024 03/30/01 07:45 PM
Here's a link to get you started on Chaos...
http://library.thinkquest.org/3120/

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
#127025 03/30/01 08:38 PM
Here's a link for a program for exploring fractals... a chaos "graph" of function...

Quite beautiful...
http://spanky.triumf.ca/www/fractint/fractint.html

Also check out: http://www.industrialstreet.net/chaosmetalink/ for another chaos link...

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 03-30-2001).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
#127026 03/31/01 07:06 AM
S
very interesting. i guess this blows the concept of the by-the-book, one-step-at-a-time sciences we are used to!
ironic that the man , thru interaction via a computer, gained this particular insight...

[Linked Image]

#127027 04/01/01 08:40 PM
Broom Pusher and
Sparky66Wv,

Thank you for the great compliments!!

I am a Sparky, which is slowly moving more and more into the Engineering areas, but I cannot see myself leaving the field work completely! It's still interesting and vital.

I feel that - in order to be an efficient Engineer, I should continue to be in the field as much as possible, along with keeping on top of new tech.

Right now, I am doing very limited Engineering work, so that's one reason [Linked Image] - but it will not change if EE work becomes real excessive. Just cannot see myself being "restricted" to one place of work indefinitely!!

As to the techno-junk, it's part hobby [personal interest], and part EE studies.

I appreciate all the compliments that everyone has given!!!! [Linked Image]
Passing this info on to others is primarily just to share the gifts I have been given, rather than to be selfish with them and live a dark life [kind of a spiritual thingee [Linked Image]].

The extents of this stuff becomes very difficult to understand, but to me that drives one to find out the answer.

P.S. I had seen some books about the Chaos Theories and such, in a few of my older book clubs, but never checked into this field. I'll take a look at the provided links and make further comments to this thread later!

Steve [Sparky],

Not familliar with that rust inhibitor, so let me know what you find out about it.
Neutrinos are relatively new discoveries [I found out about them in 1994].
They were figured out first in theortical Astrophysics, then found to be true through experiments.

The experiments took place underground at a depth of something like 2KM below the surface. I cannot recall the exacts of the whole experiment, but a liquid inside a sealed vessel was left in the mine for apx. 30 days and watched for that period. If a Neutrino passed through the liquid, it would create a reaction after it passed through it. The reaction would be somewhat similar to the reaction produced by Radon in an enviroment of a noble gas, such as Neon. This reaction creates a glowing neon particle.
The Neutrino would pass through the liquid without losing energy to it, but will create a temporary void in the liquid - this causes a change in the ground state of the liquid, which results in some type of reaction.

I'll re-check this experiment and post the exacts later [if I can find them [Linked Image]]

Scott SET

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard