ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 518 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
My old boss was bending GRC at a fish hatchery. It was winter time and below freezing. He was bending 1" pipe with a hand bender, slipped, and ended up in one of the ponds! He climbed out with trout coming out of every pocket, sleeve, pant leg and boot!

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
S
How about twenty four stories up in the roof water tower of a city housing project. Had to call police to remove the junkies so that we could set up on the roof. Had to carry an extension ladder up the stairs, as it wouldn't fit in the elevator. We did about 30 bldgs like this installing pvc coated rigid for new security lighting.

R
On my very first day as an apprentice, I was doing the grunt work for a JW installing conduit in a industrial MCC. The overhead area was a maze of conduit as the MCC room had over 100 starters. We had bent up the conduit and he had climbed up in to the racks. I gave him the piece and he installed it. He was on the wrong side of the newly installed conduit and couldn't get out of the rack.
Don(resqcapt19)

Don(resqcapt19)
R
Two that I can remember. #1, like some of the others, low attic work, clear out to the soffit edge, trying to drill down to drop a switch leg. I was using a Milwaulkee right angle drill with an auger bit. Barely enough room to set drill, let alone push down on it. Had it basically right infront of my face. Drill bit hit a nail. drill torqued around and hit me in the jaw. Out for at least 30 seconds, maybe more. No fun.

2nd story. Had to crawl under our local airport FBO office, to remove some old conduit. About 4' of clearance, but alot of old water & sewer piping, and heat ducts in the way. Had to go over and under most of these. Got to about 20' from where I needed to go, and guess what I saw/heard. Baby rattlesnakes!!!. Where the baby is, are the adults around? I whistled to see if any adult snake would answer (?) and said a fast prayer. I'm still here, so you can guess I didn't encounter anymore snakes. I just won't be going back under there!!!

Rick Miell

PS Great thread sparky

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard