ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Olympus D360L - This camera (1.3 megapix) is an awesome workhorse. Had it for years, takes great shots, has both glass optical viewer and electronic. Great price and never EVER had a problem.

S
I'm a big fan of the Canon Powershot S and A series. I've got a 5-year old 3mp S30 that has served me extremely well- the new cameras out now are high in megapixels and have gotten extremely cheap. I've got a 7.2mp Sony with a 12x optical zoom I use at work, too, but that's too bulky/expensive for everyday use. I have a miniature solid-state camcorder I got for $120 at radio shack that's also a 3mp camera; it doesn't have a flash or optical zoom, but outdoor daylight photos turn out pretty good. It's a lousy camcorder, too, but it's just so freaking small, I use it all the time.

For everyday shooting, 3-5mp is fine and there are so many choices it's almost impossible to narrow the field based on options. I'd recommend something with a 2-3x optical zoom and one that takes movies so you can use it as a camcorder. Beyond that, it's all preference- go into the store and take 'em all for a test drive! Then go home and order online for significantly cheaper [Linked Image]

Trumpy Offline OP
Reason I ask this is because if I go for a walk and want to take pics, I want the camera away from my face.
Hence the LCD display.
Only the cheapest of camera's have a viewfinder.
Nothing gives away a person with a camera like having it near your face.
To a degree, phone cams don't have the resolution to shoot good pics either.
All I want is Point>Shoot>Done.
Your thoughts?. [Linked Image]

L
Hey Trumpy, just from personal experience, I've owned motorola and samsung camera phones, none of them were worth a flip. Unless you like your pics to have that fuzzy underwater type look to them. [Linked Image]

I have a fuji finepix camera that has a nice size view screen to look at before you snap a shot. 6 mp, think I spent 350.00 or so for it.

Luke

[This message has been edited by Luketrician (edited 12-04-2006).]

Luke Clarke
Electrical Planner for TVA.

Trumpy Offline OP
Ragnar (Texas Ranger), submitted some damn good pics here and I was wondering what he was using at the time?.
One thing that my cam does not do well is take pics in low light levels, use the flash, you get a white sheet.
Teach me to buy cheap crap. [Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard