ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 515 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#123940 07/09/06 06:09 PM
L
Kind of reminds me of the time my ex-wife pissed off the guy across the street. He kept knocking over the mail box. After the first two times my land lord fixed it he pored concrete in a 5 ga bucket to set the post to no avail. I had enough and drove 4 8' re bars halve way in and used a bucket like the landlord above the grade. Had a good laugh when the tow truck came to remove his Lincoln off my mail box post. Ok I am warped but it was funny. Rod

#123941 07/09/06 06:25 PM
The bolts weren't bent nearly as far over before pulled the fixtures off and let gravity lower the pole to the ground [Linked Image] We left 2 of them with the nuts on until the last thing to kind of control the descent.

Scott, this is in Arcadia.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 08-03-2006).]

#123942 07/09/06 07:23 PM
livetoride; Poles & posts sometimes win! We had a similar problem when we lived in England. Our adversary was the hopping young 'erbert who drove the parish garbage-collection truck. After privatisation, the contractor put a bigger truck on our rural route to save money - less trips to the incinerator. Problem was, we lived down a typical narrow English country lane, and this goon drove over my wife's flower garden every week as he negotiated the corner too fast. Polite v. English "Here, I say old chap," pleas to the driver, the contractor & the council officers and placing some white painted stones on the lane verge all fell on deaf ears, so I sledged about 6 x 4 foot by 1" diameter mild steel bars ["borrowed" from the machine shop stores!] into the roadside bank, cunningly hidden between the stones. The next week, Mad Max ripped the rear axle clean off the springs of a brand new vehicle as infinite force met immoveable object!
That cured it!
But the driver wanted revenge. A few weeks later he drove past at speed and [ I think deliberately ] clipped the stone cap of one of our gate posts. This 4000lb, 18th century edifice consisted of blocks of dressed Forest of Dean limestone, 2'6" square and a foot thick laid on a massive concrete and engineering brick footing. My sons and I had rebuilt it a few years earlier using a forklift, so it had good 1-3 cement joints, plus we had buried a steel joist in the adjoining stone wall to carry the gate loads. It was about 8 foot high, and the 'cap' was a 3 foot square "pyramid" weighing about 500lb. The wrought-iron gates needed 4 blokes just to lift them onto their hinge pins. Needless to say a flimsey truck was no match, and the side of it peeled off like a ruddy sardine can! Funny, never saw him again for some reason! [Linked Image]

Alan

Wood work but can't!
#123943 07/09/06 11:55 PM
F
Now that remind me few crazy events along the way too. but this is true but crazy,

when i was working on one shop and one guy fixed the mail box make it so strong he ran half dozen rebars i belive they were 1/2 inch size and pour cement in ground to make it hidden some way and top of the cement is the old milk tank the old farmer used that before and he filled cement and tied few more rebars inside of it.

now get this in winter time when i was working on the coumster's shop i can heard a crash rather pretty loud and see a big county plow truck got damaged pretty good it took the plow right off the truck and damged the truck to some degrees bear in mind this county truck weight in over 50,000 lbs and the driver was ticked off with it and found out the owner poured cement and reforced it very well to the point you have to use the D-9 bulldozer just push it off the earth.

I was amused to see how much damaged it did cause

the damge to the truck
Main plow
Wing plow
3 tires blew out
broken driveshaft
broken pto shaft
bent frame

all this damage this person did he have to pay the county new plow truck it cost over 90K bucks btw

the other event i did see was a semi truck make a wrong turn and knock off the light post like toothpick bear in your mind this post have pretty deep base 5 foot in ground and 3 more above ground line and it did bent right the heck out of it.

we got called to get this post straghen out i told the owner of that place better off just blow that base out and make new one to advoid a mess there

Merci , Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard