ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#123870 05/31/06 11:16 PM
Trumpy Offline OP
I'll post these pics here and let Rollie add his own comments below:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It's all yours Rollie. [Linked Image]

N
The first pic is from a little town outside of Freudenstadt Germany of some odd OH services,it did not turn out as well as well as I had hoped,2nd one was shot from a moving vehicle (no I wasnt driving) on the way from Baden Weiler.

# 3 you can see for yourself.

# 4 If this was in the US it would be certified hack work, what I would like to know is it likewise in Germany where this was taken?

T
First and second pic: fairly typical old (I guess 1970 or earlier) OH services.
Third pic: modular device combination, except for the motion detector a standard item. You can see nicely how the different devices are fitted with a frame, with their own cover plates. The frame is held in place by the covers.

Last pic: looks quite acceptable. If it's outdoors the use of NYM cable is slightly questionable, but if it's out of direct sunlight I guess it's ok. Strain relief is not really an issue, besides the connector on the light should do the job. There is a drip loop too and NYM is rated for open installation on wood and drilling through wood.

R
First pic:
Am I wrong but are those primary lines directly OVER and SUPPORTED by the building???

3rd pic:
I am not sure what type of cable or what its rated for, but what worries me is the top of that Quartz fixture is so close to that wood....

A.D

N
Those lines go from house to house in some cases as many as 3 directions

T
Those lines are all 230/400V 4w 3 ph, and yes, the risers that both support the overhead wires and protect the service are supported by the roof framing.

Ok, yes, the light _is_ pretty close to the wood! While the electrical side seems to be ok, that _does_ qualify as a hack job!

R
Great photo's

That's common in rural German towns that the 230 / 400 volts short poles are supported from the house roofs

The through roads can be quite narrow sometimes so it keeps extra power poles away from the road.

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
More from NORCAL

With copper prices the way they are how long do you think this copper downspout would survive the tweakers here? [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

(edited to add)
Here is a pic of a Porsche diesel tractor that I saw while at a celebration of a new bridge over the Rhine between Germany and France on 05/14.

[Linked Image]

How does it corner, Rollie?

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 06-04-2006).]

Trumpy Offline OP
3 more pics:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 06-10-2006).]

R
The last two piccies are very familiar terrain for me.
These are the VMVK cables, Vynil, Mantel =(casing) Vynil Kabel = (cable).
These are made in three, four and five core, with the actual cores in a filler material which peels away easily. The outer grey casing is quite tough and can be used with no problems in temperatures below zero.

If the cables is saddled to the wall (brick) a 5 mm² hole with rawl plug was made, The bottom part of the cable clip attached, then cable in slot and top part attached by means of two plastic screws.

Porshe made good tractors other than fast cars,
Has a very similar look as the older Deutz tractors which also had an air cooled diesel engine.

I like the photo's Rollie

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard