ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
We should probably make this a Monthly event, as it has has always seemed to work out well.

We've had a large number of recent member signups here and as usual it seems to take awhile before some feel comfortable to join in.

Would anyone like to just say Hello? Tell us anything about yourself or where you're from? Suggestions?

How about a 'test post' or 'smiley' practice?
(Not you Sparky [Linked Image] (just kidding))

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
S
I'm an electrical engineer with a few years experience in power/industrial design-build. I learn so much from the articles and forums on this site. In my time I've been priviledged to have worked with some knowledgeable and well rounded electricians who remind me a lot of members on this site. Our professions are rarely well understood by the general public and unfortunately the only press we seem to get is about the mishaps of the few while they ignore the great work of many. Keep up the good work!

W
I have been a member for a while, but I don't post very often. I am not an electrician, but I do live in a house with an electrical system [Linked Image]

I enjoy reading about the various issues that come up here and I especially like the Violation Photos and Photos for Discussion. I should have take some photos of some of the electrical work ( done by previous homeowner ) in our house!

When I do have to have an electrician out to do some work, I feel much better informed having read some of the information here.

A
I've been a member for a short period of time, & in that time I have learned allot from the postings.

As my user name suggests, I am not an electrician, but a meterman for a municipal electric utility in Mass.

Keep up the good work!!!

[This message has been edited by ameterguy (edited 08-08-2002).]

It's always nice to hear from some newcomers, and it looks like some good additions to our diverse 'pool' of knowledge here.

Would anyone else like to say anything?

(I'm not that good at stand-up and won't last too long up here by myself [Linked Image] )

Try a test post here if you'd like. Just click the "Post Reply" button/link either on top or bottom of this page and just type in what you'd like to say.

[Linked Image]
Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 08-09-2002).]

Bill
C
Hello,
I'm a small 'e' mechanical engineer (no PE cert.) working in the medical products field as a manufacturing engineer. I'm known here as "cajun" and I ask too many questions. [Linked Image]

I'll be a homeowner soon (well, the bank will, and I'll be paying them for it...) and I'm curious about what all I'll be dealing with when I get one, and get a lot out of the "bad things DIY 'electricians' do" pictures, threads, etc. and from these I hope to recognize a potential problem when I see one so I can get a professional in when needed. I'm also curious about electrical/electronic stuff in general, hence the too many questions...
later,
-cajun

Yes, I'm on Company Time. How else do you think I get a DSL connection?
R
I, would like to say welcome along with Bill.
You're in good company here.

Just so you new guys will know, Bill is being modest, He is great at stand up.
[Linked Image]

Roger

C
Hi all - I am English and a owner of a mobile advertising company in Cyprus, with no knowledge of electic's but often need to know things, so here i am guys, and thanks to some members who have already replied to my first post about external lighting for my advertising trucks (see forum).

cyprus-dodger

S
I would also like to welcome all new members. I am an electrician at a factory that makes toolboxes. I am also into electronics and PLC's. There is much good info to be had here so jump in the pool and splash around. The water is the right temp!

E
Welcome to all new members

I am currently an operations manager in a higher ed computer room.

I am a licensed electrician.

I work with great big dumb wires and tiny little smart wires.

Massachusetts electrician

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard