ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 631 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
May I also add that all are welcome over in the Non-U.S. section?

If you're curious about the way wiring is done outside the U.S. of A., come on over and ask. We have regular members now from several countries.

Absolutely!

It's always great to hear from people from other parts of the world !! It's interesting to explore the differences and similarities of how Electricity is distributed and used throughout the world.

You've been doing a Great job here Paul !!

Do we have any other people from outside the US that would like to say hello? Tell us where you're from.

[Linked Image]
Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 10-02-2002).]

Bill
S
SJT Offline
Hello Bill,
I've been off the site for a while. I was in a car accident in Feb. Things are going good. I went back to work in July. I'm lucky that I work for a company as a planner estimator. I was promoted from an electrician approx. 2 years ago. I'm also a Licensed spark with a part time business. Tne endurance is getting better and soon I'll be back in the attics and crawls. I enjoy this site and I hope to be going to meetings at SCECA. I hope to take a third test from IAEI on the 1 and 2 family dwellings soon.
Take care and keep the great work going

C
C-H Offline
Hi!

I found these excellent fora only a few weeks ago. I only wish I had encountered them sooner since there are many (perhaps only [Linked Image] ) very knowledgeable people here, with answers to most questions. I really like that you can easily add images to the text. Sometimes an image really does say more than a thousand words.

I'm one of the odd people here: I'm neither an electrician nor do I live in the US. I'm an engineer (soon at least) and located in Sweden, a small and cold country in northern Europe.

I'm supposed to be good at engines, not electrics. I found out too late that engines were much less interesting than electrics...

[This message has been edited by C-H (edited 10-03-2002).]

Virgil has a Latin lesson:

"fora" is plural for "forum"...

I didn't know that!

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
T
C-H so whatsa matter with engines? Big round ones in airplanes, big long ones in locomotives, steam driven ones, air driven ones, little itty bitty ones ( saw one one time that had a 3/16th inch stroke, almost needed a magnifying glass to see the thing.)I think that you will find that the members here are ones with many and varied interests.
Trainwire

P
Thanks for the kind words Bill.

C-H,
I've been meaning to ask: Are you actually Swedish by birth? Your English is excellent!

Still, when it comes to speaking other languages, I'm afraid that most of you in Continental Europe put all native English-speakers to shame.

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 10-03-2002).]

Paul,

You're quite welcome. [Linked Image]

SJT,

Sorry to hear about the accident! I'm glad to hear that you are doing better. Maybe I'll see you at a meeting soon. Don't be a stranger!

C-H,

Welcome!

[Linked Image]
Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 10-03-2002).]

Bill
C
C-H Offline
Virgil
>Virgil has a Latin lesson:
>"fora" is plural for "forum"...

Who can possibly be better suited to give a Latin lesson than someone named for the famous Roman writer? [Linked Image]

Trainwire
Not forgetting the really big ones with ladders inside. Engines for supertankers have ten feet stroke and run at 60 rpm. [Linked Image]

Paul
>Are you actually Swedish by birth? Your English is excellent!

*blush* Thanks! Yes, I am. The closest to Britain I've ever come is switching planes at Heatrow...

[This message has been edited by C-H (edited 10-04-2002).]

T
C-H, you betcha, I just listed the ones that I have seen myself, never been in an engineroom of a supertanker. Closest I ever got was a tugboat.

You just might be an engineer if:
everybody else on the Alaska cruise is on deck looking at the scenery, and you're still in the engineroom on your personal guided tour. [Linked Image]

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard