ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/22/24 10:36 AM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 227 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
My welcome to our newcomers as well.

I have an electronics background, worked in telephone & telecoms engineering, absolute fanatic about everything remotely electrical since a very early age. A familiar story to many!

May I add that if anybody has any questions about the way we do things in foreign lands, come on over to the Non-U.S. area and feel free to ask.

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 08-09-2002).]

W
Hi
My name is Jon, I have owned my own business for 14 years repairing and installing anything related to retail gasoline. Tanks, pumps, lighting, signs etc.
I have had a limited license for this period but just passed my Masters exam after 3 years of night schooling at local tech school. My first Degree was in Mech Engineering but wanted to start my own business so here I am. Sent my 150 dollars to State of Maine along with a 8 dollar check for a criminal background check. Apparently they don't trust anyone around here [Linked Image]. I like to lurk around here as you guys have alot more electrical experience. If its explosion proof I've probably seen it or done it but if its romex, forget about it [Linked Image]. Glad I found this place as its a wealth of information

S
It sure is walrus, especially if your an electrician like myself out in the sticks, nuthin but rednecks, CW music, and larger road kills here.....

So i gotta get on line here, and see what the real worlds doin'.... the well rounded group here never fails me......and it beats TV ('cept baywatch ....) [Linked Image]

Thanks to all that have responded so far. We hope that you all have a rewarding experience here. Please feel free to add your opinions and I hope that you will also share your knowledge with us. [Linked Image]

I hope that some others will come forward and say Hello too.

The more the merrier,
So, how about it? [Linked Image]

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 08-09-2002).]

Bill
W
Sparky
I'm in Downeast Maine, can their be anymore sticks [Linked Image].

All Members

You know who you are, and how much you enjoy the forums here. How about signing on and adding your questions about any subject related to the electrical industry.

Do you own an electric vechicle.

Do you have any old electrical books.

Are you studying for an electrician's license.

We are here to help and want to meet you, sign on now and post a question or a reply.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
D
Thanks for the welcome. Ive been visiting this site for about a year and have been registered for a little while as well. I will say that this is my favorite forum of all that I frequently post to and visit. The people here are always knowledgeable and very courteous.

Currently I am a 22 yr old student. I have both an AAS in Mechanical Technology and an AAS in Electrical Technology. Right now I am working towards a BSEE. I love almost anything electrical and studying the NEC. I am also extremely interested in theory and design. I only have 1 year of practical electrical experience at this time from working during summers between school. Ive also taken an exam preparation code class for the last 3 semesters at nights.(two were journeymans classes and the last was the masters class)

To Joe, I have a small collection of old electrical devices plus quite a few knobs and tubes. I also will be getting a 1943 edition of an electricians handbook (I forget the exact name right now) that I found on ebay. It was nearly mint and had over 800 pages.I cant wait for it to get here!!!

Just looking to reply to the invitation
from Bill.
Hi guys, where ever you are,
look forward to conversing with you fellas,
not up with the US code requirements,
(I am from New Zealand), but I am willing to
learn, after all, guys, we all are in this game to impart SAFE use of electricity, this is an
international thing is it not?.
Hope to hear from you guys,
The email address is trumpy@emailfast.com

J
What day and time is it in New Zealand right now, It early in TN/USA 1:50 am now

Lighting the way
P
Joe,

N.Z. time zone is 12 hours ahead of GMT, or 18 hours ahead of U.S. Central Time. I think they use daylight savings (Trumpy?), but of course at the moment it's winter down there.

So by my reckoning, at the moment:
Western Tennessee 7:30am (Sunday)
England 1:30pm (Sunday)
N.Z. 12:30am tomorrow (Monday)

Dave,
I keep an eye on eBay for old technical books as well. It's quite a buzz when you see something appear that you've been searching for. I just bought a 2 vol. set of 1948 Telephony handbooks that I've been trying to get hold of for years!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard