ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 517 guests, and 32 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#123516 04/05/06 10:44 AM
J
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding - I forgot my password [Linked Image]

I thought the red spot might indicate the status of the fuse by some sort of heat sensitive ink. We have some fuses with the windows and of course the BS3036 rewirables!

That is an Elevated Temperature 10mm dia tensile from our test lab.
I am not sure of the cable size or type but it might be SY cable, I will ask tomorow.

that memory board is a Postage Rate PROM, some of you might know that UK postage has increased from Monday and that tells the scales how much postage to charge to the franking machine.

Those are not ribbons, they are laces, 2 pairs is the style [Linked Image] they are Osiris D3 2001.

I have found the Red Spot company and all of their fuseholders have 2 red spots!

I took my time, I hurried up, The choice was mine, I didn't think enough
#123517 04/06/06 09:24 AM
These fuses are pretty common here.
As are the holders.
GEC HRC fuses are taking over from them though in the higher amperages.
Red-Spot is a trademark of English Electric BTW.
I would have thought that a few of your UK guys would have known that. [Linked Image]
There is one thing that I personally hate about this particular fuse carrier design and it shows that it was designed by a draughtsman, not an Electrician.
That being, try and pull one of them fuses with rubber inners and leather outers on your hands, it's not possible!.
GEC had the good idea of putting a secondary pulling flange on the fuse carrier, in all sizes from 32A upwards.
GEC is the preferred fuse-holder of our PoCo.

{Edit: Under our current Standards here, if you withdraw a fuse, the live contacts shall be shrouded, while the fuse is withdrawn, a few types of fuse-holders here were withdrawn from sale because of that fact.}

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 04-06-2006).]

#123518 04/06/06 11:12 AM
J
I have been reliably informed that the cable is/was tri-rated cable for additional flexibility, this fuse is mounted inside a 6foot square cabinet which regularly catched fire here and there, the whole kit is connected to 250A parallel breakers (surely a violation in its self!) makinig 500A

I took my time, I hurried up, The choice was mine, I didn't think enough
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard