ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Looks like Holec Hazelmeijer switchgear to me.
This is extensively used in The Netherlands and Germany with the diazed fuses.
Type II as Arend quotes the colours , this range goes up to 25 Amps.

The 3Ø two row look like the D III type (bigger size) and are 35 Amps, black porcelain insert.
50 Amps (white) 63 Amps (Orange).
The din rail MCB's are used all over Europe and in New Zealand, although in non MEN countries these MCB's are 2 pole and switch the neutral as well.
Same applies to the round white switches on that panel, these are the group isolator switches.
There appears to be a lot of rust on the terminal screws, I take it that this panel was not in use prior to taking it out.
Interesting to see the US 110 Volts receptacles used here.

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
R
Re reading the other comments again , that perhaps explains the US receptacles as per LearJet9.

A lot of land where several single family houses are to be built. Apparently they install the electric (underground) service in advance. (Aruba, Dutch Caribbean)
120V-60Hz. I was unable to ascertain any further info.

Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao are the Nederlandse Antillen, and it is very likely that Dutch switchgear was used here and I think 120 or 127 Volts is common there hence perhaps the US receptacles to make interchange with American equipment easier.

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
N
Another thing it looks like they used a "Bell Box" for those receptacles.

L
RODALCO - I inquired with several people in Aruba and it was like I was speaking Greek. You provided more information than anyone where the stuff is installed!! The only info I was able to get is; The recept's are Leviton and I'm told that is very unusual. Usually the receptacles come from a company in Holland. As for the CF lamp.. Again, no one had a clue. It is a large supermarket downtown and these are used in place of HID fixtures.

[This message has been edited by LearJet9 (edited 04-03-2006).]

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]

The recept's are Leviton and I'm told that is very unusual.

They look like old Eagle, Rodale or Circle F with the old 1960's Eagle faceplates.. [Linked Image]

Nonetheless.. This is an odd assortment of equiptment to see tied together!

T
By all means, the feeder looks to be three-phase!
Maybe 127/220V with neutral supplied? The color coding is European. The Diazed fuses are too.

The roof doesn't have to be corrugated iron, corrugated asbestos/fiber cement panels are used extensively in Europe. (called Eternit).

The CF lamp is a retrofit. It's self ballasted, and fits into a Merc Vapor "area fixture" (barn light). It has a Mogul base.

They sell them here at Home Depot, and they really work pretty well. A big plus is that they don't have the starting time or restrike time of the MV lamps.

C
Thanks for the info, Electure.

I saw those at HD too, and I was wondering if they were any good. Now I know. [Linked Image]

Not only is the starting/restrike eleminated, but the energy savings is pretty substantial with those retrofit lamps too.

Peter

Peter
B
that "barn light" is what we call a hi-bay here. They are common in industrial sheds with HID lamps but you can buy fluro versions which I've installed in offices for that "industrial" look.

N
A "Barn Light" and a "High Bay" are 2 different fixtures, perhaps someone will post a picture to show how they differ.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard