ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
In our area, the POCO requires 2.5 inch gal conduit on these two service riser's

- richard
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

R
2 1/2" Galvo!
Really? What I see there is the norm around here, not sure i like how close the weatherhead and connections are to that downspout in the one picture though..

A.D

T
that would never get passed around here. Were is this located? Here the only place you can use pvc is on a pole.

tom

A
this is most definetly long island area nassau/suffolk this is fine practice and is commomly used as a service means in this area . that is a lever bypass meter pan ,and is the only one acceptable under lipa jurisdiction

JBIELECTRIC EAST MEADOW NY
N
I certainly don't think it would get passed around here either...

Service Entrance too close to front window, and downspout, Meterbase not 1 meter from the corner.

It seems to be all the way down the block however. I think I would have went underground.

By the way, is not that bay window in the second pic upside down...

S
I did one last year that had 3 350s (CU)and we used 3" or 3 1/2" (being old I have no memory) PVC. POCO had no prob with it as long as it had enough straps and did not project above the roof (no PVC masts).

[This message has been edited by Steve Miller (edited 03-16-2006).]

Cat Servant
Another great reminder to have a copy of the local PoCo rules! While here it wouldn't be allowed, I must say it looks a lot better than the pics we've seen of SE tacked to the walls!

Oh, BTW....they did a great job of getting vinyl siding to match the pipe:-)

From this side of the 'pond' it looks horrible, and quite defaces an otherwise fine house. Or houses actually, as the close-ups are a mix of shots of the neighboring house [?] as well, [ the eaves terminations are different in the close-ups, one has a hip termination, the other a barge-board* end ]. Why could it not have been run parallel to the downspout on the hipped version, or down the corner on the other, till it penetrated the eave, then run under the soffit to a 90 bend then down to the meter? Or is that not allowed by Code?
I take it the extraneous cables draped round the meter box are temporary.

I like the bay window arrangement BTW, it has a nice symmetry with the portico.

Is the manly young fellow waving a set of giant pie-cutters for any particular reason? I know American Portion Size is out of control, but that is ridiculous! [Linked Image]

Alan

ps. Pardon if my terminology for roof styles does not translate.

Wood work but can't!
D
Just gotta ask, why didn't the riser go straight up, and the triplex get mounted in a higher position? What was the need for the 90's?

Dnk...

those cookie cutters are ducting for a/c units, and the reason you have to use gal pipe is some people had used the soffit area to go into a splice box and steal power from the poco. The two house's were next to a house our company were working on, more pics to follow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard