ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 519 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Ok for my two cents, if it is in commercial AND there is any resturants sharing the same general floor level and area, you will almost always get you some rat chewing going on wherever the romex is exposed enough for the rats to get to it. I have seen this enough times to feel strongly against it's use for those commercial spaces where tenant may be a resturant.

Y
He was yelling that everything else was just fine, and he didn't want a whole panel.

That deadfront appears to be from a Stab-Lok panel, no?

About a month ago I did a service change, then hauled the old FPE panel back home. A couple of days later I got an irate call from the customer, saying he'd promised the old panel to his uncle and he wanted it back. I said I'd be happy to return it, although I would strongly discourage the re-installation of such equipment. He said he'd pass the advice along.

Y
The NEC 3 story NM rule has been in effect for at least 30 yrs.

To be exact, this prohibition dates to the '75 NEC. I've been told that the campaign in favor of this rule was supported by an overwhelming barrage of photos depicting damage inflicted on the cable during construction. That is the reason for this restriction-- not rats, or fire rating, or anything else.

right on the beach you'll find mc/bx that is nothing but rusted shards, but the boxes still are instact to great extent.

This won't happen with Al-armored MC, a product with which I've had much experience. What is wrong with it is lack of mechanical strength. Get an overzealous sheetrocker and the stuff just unravels. You can practically get it to break by sneezing on it. This doesn't happen with steel BX.

He was yelling that everything else was just fine

OK... That cover doesnt appear to be from any kind of 3R rated panel I've ever seen, not to mention the door on it has probably been gone ½ it's lifetime.. It looks like an old Murray or ITE panelcover.. Now if the cover has sustained this much deterioration, what could possibly keep the can from looking the same way???

T
Possibly because the cover had been off the panel, and under the carport for 40 years?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard