ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 558 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Better be careful which battery you use, or someone may come looking for you with a warrant...

D
I didn't know that UL doesn't list batteries......

From lithonia:

You can use anyones battery in the above unit, as long as it meets or exceeds the spec's of the original. Because of charging currents and such, lithonia can not guarentee that the lights would run for their expected time with another manufacturers battery if this replacement battery does not meet the origninal specs that the unit was produced for.

Because the unit was produced to meet UL listings for 90 minutes of emergency lighting, using a different battery that does not meet the specs of the original, there is no way for Lithonia to guarentee 90 min. It may only run for 10 minutes with a smaller battery. This is why the UL listing would be voided.
In a way it makes sense..

Dnk...

D
So here is another thought....

If you install this unit, and it comes with 2 heads. And you install a 3rd for outside the exit doors as some guys do, this should also void the UL listing and warranty.

But what if you remove one head off the unit, and move it to another location. Same load right?

But then you just modified the unit....

That should void the UL listing and warranty as well.....

Dnk....

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard