ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 190 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Very nice, neat, and done in a workman-like manner. I appreciate seeing nice clean work like that. I side with the electricians though who DO NOT like using ty-wraps on NM. I do mostly residential and don't normally use them in a panel. I see no reason to use them because it's not like they cant supports themselves (opposite of THWN in a panel). Don't forget to identify those white wires in that 2g switchbox :-)

S
It sure looks nice but we don't separate the wires by color & don't cable tie. We keep the bk, rd & wt all together to prevent possible heating of the conductors in the middle of the bundle.
All that being said ... I couldn't make a panel look that neat in a week.

M
Thanks again for all the comments. Positive and otherwise, you never stop learning in this trade. This is the way I was taught to make up a residential panel (except for the service conductors). I was fortunate enough to apprentice under this guy for the first two years of the trade. Made a big impression. He started his own business about 9-10 yrs ago, he (and his journeyman that he trained from day one) do some truly amazing work. I'll try to get him to post some pic's.

M
Whenever I see a panel like this I start feeling very inadaquate. Try as I might, I admit I am unable to achieve this beautiful standard. Very nice job indeed.

I
very nice work. i have one question circuit labeling,how can you identify the circuits?

ICETA,NATAPHA,McDONALD
R
Bob,

Not in a panel.

Derating only applies to raceways or cables.

Are you sure???

310.15(B)(2) Adjustment Factors
(a)More Than Three Current-Carrying Conductors in a Raceway or Cable. Where the number of current-carrying conductors in a raceway or cable exceeds three, or where single conductors or multiconductor cables are stacked or bundled longer than 600 mm (24 in.) without maintaining spacing and are not installed in raceways, the allowable ampacity of each conductor shall be reduced as shown in Table 310.15(B)(2)(a). Each current-carrying conductor of a paralleled set of conductors shall be counted as a current-carrying conductor.

Don
edited to fix code for quote

[This message has been edited by resqcapt19 (edited 02-27-2006).]

Don(resqcapt19)
R
WOW!!!
Hold on lemme pick my jaw up off the floor! that is like THE neatest panel i have ever seen! I only wish in my wildest dreams that I could get my change-outs to look like that but its so hard with old bent-up wire and the like!
as for having to "cut ties to troubleshoot".. I could see that being a problem but in my mind, if the panel is a quality panel and the connections are good, there shold be no need to "troubleshoot" ever correct!
Keep it up eh!

A.D

Cat Servant
OK- now let's all find something to complain about! :-)

For example...isn't the panel "upside down,' considering the feed will be from below?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard