ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#122306 03/21/06 10:39 AM
C
The domed stuff is new (as in it wasn't in the catalog last year). I like it, having seen some at the trade counter, the range of colors is good. Yes, the smaller sizes are used very much in the same locations as Wiremold would be in the US. The UK tends to do more plastic than metal clad electrical gear now, it doesn't corrode as easily, but does tend to melt (but all of it's fire retardant).

#122307 03/22/06 12:03 AM
E
e57 Offline
[Linked Image]

Found out a way to do this, and even neater a few years back....

Bear with me its hard to explain...
Most Comm supply houses carry bulb double sided Velcro. You take small scraps, and make little circles around each cable. Then stick them all together, and bind them in a larger one, add more, and bind them. This holds all of them in a pattern. Then you lock down the area you start in at the entrance to the room or where ever with a zip tie. Then slide the whole Velcro contraption to the next support and lock it down with a zip tie. Then just continue the process as you pass each support. You can even twist it to get a rope like appearance... When you go into an area that you want to bend, just pivot the Velcro slightly in the radius you wand, and sopport it along the way. Trust me, this is far easier than doing the same any other way.... And not half as time consuming as it might sound, and looks twice as good, as attempting the same any other way.

#122308 03/22/06 05:14 AM
K
I haven't seen double velcro system like that. Sounds interesting though. Any photos ? Or a website to check it out?

#122309 03/25/06 11:36 AM
H
Kiwi,

As Big Ed said, "Trunking" looks a lot like our plastic Wiremold or Panduit raceway and the metal ones also look like our Wiremold raceways. I guess the wireways would make it neater, but this job is still outstanding in my eyes.

J
Bump! I think this was the fantastic NM wiring job referred to in the general discussion area. It is definitely a beauty!
Joe

I
ITO Offline
It's absolutely beautiful work but I have to say that level of 110-12 would not have been in my estimate.

101° Rx = + /_\
H
ITO,

It took this electrician many months to do this job. I saw him about 2 years later on another job and told him again how wonderful his work was. He said that he doesn't do that kind of work anymore. Nobody wants to pay for it! That is a real shame but it is reality!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard