ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 228 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I love the pic of the guy holding the sign on with his foot and one hand while his buddy fixes it. Just remember too, without idiots this Forum would'nt exist!

Alan

Wood work but can't!
Cat Servant
I just realised that this thread was started in the first week of "Fall."

S
Hey atleast there wearing hard hats [Linked Image]

T
Yeah... but they got away with it...

This time....

Tesla
L
"Yeah... but they got away with it...

This time...."

Maybe, maybe not. These pictures appear to be suitable for blackmail.

Larry Fine
Fine Electric Co.
fineelectricco.com
C
No offense to anyone...but I doubt those workers putting UP the sign can read the language.

If they can read it...then they are taking the sign DOWN - and the company, obviously, could care less about their workers.

~~ CELTIC ~~
...-= NJ =-...
D
I'm not trying to be a troll, but [Linked Image]

I know it violates a billion OSHA rules and I wouldn't do it on the job. But it doesn't really seem that dangerous to me. I would rather be on that than our large extension ladder.

W
I think that they were putting the sign up. The patch of wall that would be hidden by the right hand end of the sign not yet installed isn't less or more dirty than the rest of that wall.

As for safety, I would think that that setup would be likely to be bouncing around a lot as they move about that platform. That bouncing around could cause one of them to slip and fall or such accident.

Cat Servant
For those who may see the apeal of this method, perhaps some of the main dangers ought to be outlined, so accidents may be avoided.

As Dmattox has observed, there is a need for an elevating work platform; for many reasons, ladders often just aren't enough.

First of all, those forks are very slippery. A large number of accidents involve either the person slipping from the forks, or the platform slipping. This is why commercial platforms have chains, or some other means, to attach the platform to the forks.
Since the forks are also tapered, a C-clamp is not a very good solution, and WILL come loose.

Wood pallets are often made of very poor lumber, and are prone to breaking. They simply are not reliable enough to use this way.

As the forks are raised and lowered, or as the forklift positions itself, you really want to hold on to something. Without there being a railing, you often end up holding on to the forklift itself- in a place that can hurt you. It is not unusual for the chains of the lift to shift on their sprockets, which can easily remove a few fingers.
Again, commercial cages address this by having a screen on the side toward the fork "tower."

A final feature, one that has prooven it's utility, is a "toe plate," or 4" barrier, around the perimeter of the cage. This, apart from giving your feet warning that they're near the edge, is also good at keeping parts from rolling off.

Painting the cage a contrasting color will help the operator position the cage

O
Comon` its not that high off the ground, I don't see a majour problem with this.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard