ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#122040 09/21/05 05:20 PM
P
Those Wylex boards seem to have the usual assortment of MCBs, rewireable and cartridge fuses.

The MEM isolator handles used as a cable support is different. I guess it works until somebody decides to turn them all off at the same time. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

#122041 09/21/05 08:51 PM
That last picture in the series says it all.
What sort of an idiot would be so slack as to run a cable like that?!!. [Linked Image]
Them units have to be opened occasionally, having some plonker run a wire across the front of the lot of them, is just not on!!.
That guy must have been smoking something pretty strong when he had that idea. [Linked Image]

#122042 09/22/05 03:54 AM
J
That cable was installed by the plumber wot did 'lectric. We were just glad to have some heating on at last. There are some more qylex boards that someone has 'modernised' by painting them peach so that all the electrical switchgear and boards match where they can be seen. they could have chosen a better colour.

I think the BT DP is quite good now, most BT people comment on how tidy it is!

Those Klik things are great, easy to replace faulty fittings without turning all the power off. That means cheaper maintenance as we dont have to pay for out of hours and the wiring can be done off site, then the fitting is just dropped into the ceiling and plugged in. I just wonder if they would ned PATesting now they are on a plug and socket arrangement?

I took my time, I hurried up, The choice was mine, I didn't think enough
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard