ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 516 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
I'd sure like to see what's under the cover of that gutter.

C
Unprofessional? Yeah, ok, whatever you say. [Linked Image]

MC cable looks fine, it meets code, it's economical, and is a great product all around.

Peter

Peter
D
I never said it was a code violation. In a public place I would never dream of running something like this. The code has very little to say about asthetics issues. This is an asthetic violation [Linked Image]

IMO,
Rigid would look neater.
Just a little query, would you guys be allowed to fasten this type of cable to a cable ladder or tray?.
It's used here quite a bit to support long runs of Neutral-Screened PVC Mains cables.

S
For the short distance from the gear to the hole in the ceiling, hard pipe could have been used for the exposed portion. Anoter gutter could have been used at the hole in the ceiling. The MC could still have been used with the jacket removed for the last few feet of the run.

Also strapping within 12" of the termination is required, and can MC be run exposed?

This is blight and its lazy.

Rob

The 12" strapping rule applies only to MC cable 4 or fewer conductors in sizes #10 or smaller.

No, I would not be proud of having done this. This is just plain ugly.

E
This is why I will never post any pictures of my work. No matter what, you will rip it. [Linked Image]

Cat Servant
First of all, Scott, let me assure you- from personal expereince- the pros at this site have had only civil, constructive criticism about the work of mine I once posted----no "ripping" took place. I was asked why I did one thing, and not another, that sort of thing- but that's only fair.

As for this job, I'll guess the guy used flex simply because he doesn't have the $$$$ to get a power bender for 2" pipe. I don't have that kind of money either. Had I been forced to do this sort of job, my solutions would have probably looked far worse!

J
I don't have a problem with the MC, AC, Flex... whatever it is. I'm not used to it, around here (Chicagoland) I can't imagine it not being some sort of conduit. But I can't help but wonder if it would have been possible to start the the runs that double trapeeze..... have those start right out of the trough below rather than sweep over and below. Then those 4 stragglers.... put them with the others. Then everything comes out nice and neat.

Escott, I'm suprised to see you say that. As one of the edgier (as in edge....as in sometimes you have a bit of an edge) guys around here I'd'a figured you could take it better than anyone. So come on, lets see what you got. [Linked Image]

E
e57 Offline
I posted some of my work a while back, no one gave me any grief....

We discuss things don't we?
Simular to this one, some would do it different, many would go for neater. But then again, this is in a garage portion of the building, not the lobby. I'll say it, I've done MC feeds like that before. (#2/3 - 250MCM) There's a place for pretty work, and another for utilitarian work like this. I think it fine for the average hotel garage, but not the Ritz Carlton. [Linked Image]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard