ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Trumpy Offline OP
Sorry about bringing this one back up again, but here is a pic I thought you guys would like to see.
[Linked Image]
It's Ray, our 3IC after he came out of last night's house fire (at 3pm).
His helmet was white and his visor was clear before he went into where he's just come out from.
First time I've seen him in Breathing Apparatus in 5 or so years.
As you can see from the pic, he's just really enjoying the moment. [Linked Image]
{BTW, Scotty had to run like the wind after he took that picture!} [Linked Image]

Cat Servant
Can't hold back on the praise...that last pic is brilliant!
I really think that pic would lend itself to publication, either in the trade press, on some sort of "safety" poster, or whatever.

I look at that pic, and I see a guy who has cares, has been busting his behind working, and the fire is still raging.

I can see that pic on a poster in the firehouse, with the caption "This is what it's all about."

Trumpy Offline OP
John,
Ray came out of that fire and took over from me as the Pump Operator, to relieve me before me and another FF headed in there to try and find 2 Adults and a 6 year old kid.
A persons-reported House Fire is never any fun.
I think that the look on Ray's face says it all, they couldn't find them either.
The 3rd BA team did though and I'm not sure how, but we managed to Resus the whole lot of them.
We lost the house, but at the end of the day, who cares?.
Everyone got out in one piece. [Linked Image]

Broom Pusher and
Mike,

Thanks so very much for making these pictures available - especially to bring in the "What it is like in the Fire Fighting Field" side!

The last image has a very strong impact.

The Full Brigade picture is one, that we in the Public Sector, never get to see.

Once again, thanks for contributing these items to a group that can fully appreciate all aspects of the Images' contents!

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Trumpy Offline OP
Scott35,
I think that 99% of the credit would have to go to Scotty, as he took the majority of the pictures and also e-mailed them to me.
I don't mind at all, giving you guys from the other side of the world, a look at how things are for us Fire-fighters, I have a few more too.
I'd just like to hope that I wasn't boring the teeth out of you guys and as far as Bill is concerned, filling the ECN Server up with Non-Electrical pictures.
That is my biggest concern.
Scotty lives on the other side of the street to me.
We both live within "spitting" distance from the Fire Station.
Scotty is normally the Driver/Pump-Operator and I can in most cases relieve him to go and take pictures.
Until such time as some-one like a Area Commander turns up and asks why there is a Station-Officer operating the pump and a SFF taking pictures.
We call it public relations and Fire Safety research. [Linked Image]

Trumpy Offline OP
Ha Ha Ha,
I showed that pic to Ray on the Fire Station computer this afternoon.
Once he let me go from his head-lock, I was OK.
Be more pics soon, I'm afraid.
Stay posted. [Linked Image]

Trumpy Offline OP
A couple more pics:
Dude, wheres my car?.
Some drunken kids stole this "people mover" one night here recently, here's the result:
[Linked Image]

and the other pic of it:

[Linked Image]

This pic here was sent to me by a FF, I'm not sure where he was from, but the sign on the front of the building speaks volumes:

[Linked Image]

A sausage on the end of a stick springs to mind here. [Linked Image]

Trumpy,
No matter how much new and expensive gear or technology, ....somebody always has to get close to the fire......Very nice picture of Ray, the look on his face is something only other firefighters would understand,.....something only a cherished few will ever see......

Tom
What is 'Popeye' doing up that flagpole?
Alan

Wood work but can't!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard