ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 559 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Well done.

A source of a deseasel genset might be to start hanging around the ports. A lot of the overseas shipping containers are airconditioned by these little units, and once across are removed. If you can find the resting place of these units, make friends with the night watchman [Linked Image]

Big fan of the Fenner drive link belt myself.

TW

Thanks, gentlemen, for your comments.
Fired up the Planer-Thicknesser in anger this week, and machined about 700 square feet, both sides, of Cedar of Lebanon floorboards for the next stage in the Longhouse renovation, aided by my good wife Denise. No problems. Went through 3 sets of HSS blades and innumerable pots of tea and made 15 x 40 gallon bags of shavings. I just ordered a T. Carbide blade set for longer life. With luck, I can hide the bill! The alternator manufacturer recommends up to 10% overspeed to counter voltage droop, so it'll either be a gas-oil engine or the lathe.
Today, I found in a junkyard/charity shop place run by a Monk? (don't ask!), a charming, small (3kw) pre-war 3-phase French air compressor on a vertical cylinder, in need of a good home and a few (hundred?) hours on the bench, so I bought it. Actually it has a practically brand new Telemech. starter / overload set added, showing recent use. I beat it down to 30 euros, a bargain. Keeps me out of the bar!
regards,
Alan

Wood work but can't!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard