ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 272 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Are there any arangements that can be made for a short tour of the place? I'm in Denver and get down that direction perodically (I have a good friend on the Durango PD).

H
Thanks mxslick for pointing out that stuff, and big Jim there the place is manned bye one man monday thru friday Maybe!!! they dont schedule tours of the place(there are jeep tours outfits that cruise bye the place hoping that someone there to let there guest use the toilets, thats how that guy got a tour that made the link) that guy in the link saying he was the tour guide is a fairly new guy, I believe he's a meter reader. if you wanted a full tour of the lake,valve house, surge tank, it could be involved and all the places are hard to get at places, heck email me I got lots of free time anymore, been fishing alot lately, I got a jeep and I do know that plant, allthough I live a few hours away from the plant myself, but would like to go back to the plant myself. Being you got a friend in Durango there another old plant called Tacoma north of Durango on hwy 550 at the Rockwood narrow gauge railroad siding (Yes you have to ride the 19 century train into the plant or the old petticot junction hand pumper LOL) now that plants generators are just as old and still running also.

[This message has been edited by highvoltageguy (edited 04-29-2005).]

B
Gas prices are a real bear but I'm going to try and schedule some time in the San Luis Valley this summer. If that works, I likely head on over Wolf Creek for a bit. If it comes together, I'll get in touch.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard