ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
These were also take on a walkthru of a job we were about to take over.

Well lets always remember to make sure that we make a hole big enough to fit our wire through. i think i need not say anymore on that pic.
[Linked Image]
The next time you sit down on the thrown to .... well i neeed not say just remember what may be possibly above your head. This is directly over the toliet and also the exaust fan for the bathroom. Cause you know plumbing never springs a leak!!!! and shelves never fail either.
[Linked Image]
Well on this one i would only say hay the gangs all here !!!

Enjoy,
NJ Wireman
[Linked Image]

S
Back around 1983 we did a retro in an old liquor store in Wash DC. The switch bank there set a record that I have never seen broken ... it had 21 (yes, 21) switches in a row ... and it had a 21 gang face plate on it. The owner said it was put in back in the late 1930s so they wouldn't need to unscrew the fuses to turn all the lights off. To this day I could kill my guys for throwing the face plate away.

D
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

<snip> The owner said it was put in back in the late 1930s so they wouldn't need to unscrew the fuses to turn all the lights off.

My first thought - the days before "lighting control" panelboards...

E
Re: the Water heater photo:
I wouldn't be concerned about the plumbing-clean solder joints w/no flux residue, Smitty pan w/drain (for the future leak in the tank), steel angle strut to spanner on ceiling to support the 50 lbs. or so of water.
My concerns are - disc. for DWH not accessible, and MC cable in contact with the copper water piping where it runs through the wall.

Link Copied to Clipboard