ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 116 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Hey... anybody else notice what appears to be unstripped wires entering both some of the breakers and the "Neutral" bar?

Or is it stripped to so close a tolerance I can't see it?

C
They are entering the bar to the right of the one it appears to be connected.

R
I'm a non-practicing Gilbarco Authorized Service Tech. Tech #10461 [Linked Image]

Gilbarco requires their dispensers to be supplied by their own 20A switched neutral breaker all on the same phase. Dispensers on the same phase are especially important when the handle switch legs aren't terminated at an isolation box. Can you say cross phase and smoked interface boards? I used to love wiring fuel stations. Unfortunately, all the dispensers on the same phase make for a very unbalanced panel.

edit - We had a Gilbarco dispenser arrive from the factory with the hot and neut reversed inside the dispenser. Dispenser powered up fine. Unfortunately, the handle return switch wasn't sending back 120V to the pump control boxes. So basically, the valves in the dispenser would open, but the STP in the tank wouldn't turn on. That dispenser must have been assembled on Friday at around 4:30PM.

[This message has been edited by royta (edited 12-17-2004).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard