ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
I don't post often but I do read the forums regularly and enjoy the violations photos. I thought I would send in a couple of pictures I took recently.

The first is one I spotted while on vacation at a resort area. The second pic is a homeowners handiwork installing lights and receptacles on his dock.

- Dtl66 (David Leary)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

D
540 degrees between pull points on the plumbing job. It must have been a really tough pull unless it was a wire & glue-as-you-go. Amazing that they used exterior covers.

Dave

T
Maybe you open the cover and get a drink [Linked Image]

M
I invented that!

A little wheel that turns from the water that flows when you do dishes, take a shower etc. That wheel is used to generate electricity. You only pay for water by the gallon. So any free electric you can get out of the pressure is bonus.

I also have a little invention for charging batteries from the "free" electricity the phone company sends to your house.

The box at the bottom of the mast is clearly the turbine that runs the light whenever the washing machine is on.

J
I hate to admit it, but this is the first time I've ever seen PVC supported at the shorter intervals that code specifies for it!

W
DIYer at the Big Orange Box: Now how am I gonna pull romex thru this little PVC conduit?

"Expert" Orange Box employee: You can find bigger conduit in the next aisle.

B
Looks like Tahoe Keys ?
They have enough Money that they dont have to pay attention to CODES!!! Do they?

R
I'm actually installing a spa sub-panel for a guy who was going to do his own installation. Orange store told him he needed to run the wire in PVC. So, he bought plumbing PVC and plumbing PVC 90's. Luckily, he didn't have the time to finish the job, and he called me. He even pulled a permit and everything! I had the camera in the truck, but I didn't have the heart to take pictures of his installation.

What blows me away is how people think the price charged for the job done right is too high.

Link Copied to Clipboard