ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
The customer stated that half the lights in her house wouldn’t work. I told her she would need a new panel. She didn’t like the cost. As far as I know, her lights are still out.

- elecbob
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

E
New NEC exception. "Where a new smoke detector is installed in the premises no articles of the NEC shall apply"

B
Some of that stuff looked like ancient cloth-insulated NM until I looked even closer and saw an insulated EGC and a paper jacket, then I realised it was NM-B that is just really ate up! [Linked Image]

"If you won't let me change out your panel, then I'll just go dial 9-1 and stand by the phone...." [Linked Image]

-John

I sure hope that the "lights out problem" is due to the feeder to this panel being shut off...S [Linked Image]

E
I couldn't get close to the panel because someone had built a 4 foot wide work bench in front of it.I think you see the red because the pic is shot from an angle.

D
It's a good thing the workbench is there to keep this out of reach!

Dave

Who the???? Why the ???? What the ???? This panel looks like it had indigestion & burped out a rats nest!! Can it be possible that ANYONE with an IQ of at least 2 digits could have done this in the first place!?!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

-Randy

T
A new _panel_???

I'd say a full rewire, if not a new house!

Randy: 100% ACK!

Here this mess would be stuffed into a hole in a brick wall, covered with newspapers and plastered over. At least they got some free-air cooling here! [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard