ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 486 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Haven’t been through there lately, but some years ago I remember gasoline stations on the Massachusetts Turnpike with some beefy dry-chemical extinguishing systems above the pumps out on fueling islands. They were roughly similar to those used in exhaust hoods of commercial kitchens. I have not seen anything similar Out West—just fuel-pump “kill switches” on storefronts.

I have noticed routine use of ‘attach-me-first’ static jumpers on fuel trucks at municipal airports.

E
e57 Offline
I was listening to "Car Talk", as I usually do on Sunday. And, they had a big thing about new tires, static shocks. And the thing I found interesting was accessory ground straps that hang from your car that yuou can install. Because the tires are giant insulators there's no dicharge. But they act like your sneakers when you were a kid shuffling around on carpet picking up static charge, so you could see the neat spark at the door knob. But why it did not discharge through all the things she did up to the flash point, I don't know. The answer might be her shoes, that might be insulating enough to not allow discharge. But contact from her butt on the car, hand to pump was. Now, i just went out to by van , and noticed that that the filler hole, tube, and my gas tank are plastic! I did notice that there is a wire there that runs into the tank from metal flap at the hole, and goes out to the frame. Maybe there's no cantact there?

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
B
Complete with stylish lightning bolts… {common in desert environments} http://shop.store.yahoo.com/rodi/cus23317.html

Comic-strip point of view www.logsa.army.mil/WEB-PAGE/1999/562/10-11.pdf

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard