ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Could P&S be trying to put a rest to this age-old question? Beings that the manufacturer has "marked or labeled" this device with "TOP" on one end, would it be a technical violation to mount it ground down?

-Randy (aka Lostazhell)
[Linked Image]

I
Randy, What are you talking about?

I don't see anything. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
Bob,

You're getting good!

[Linked Image]

Bill
E
That picture is upside down. It is actually supposed to say "POT"? This is a marijuanna lamp receptacle. [Linked Image] More importantly though, was that a winning lottery ticket?

Scott,
Do you think he'd be hanging around with us if it was a winning lottery ticket?
We'd be getting pictures of electrical hazards in Bermuda, Monte Carlo, etc.

Unless part of the listing, it's not a violation to install it with the top at the bottom.

C
These outlets would solve all problems if they existed (Photoshop job)

Decora

[Linked Image from mrbobo.net]

Regular

[Linked Image from mrbobo.net]

Theres always enough room in the junction box.You just need a bigger hammer
LOL Bob... Could you do that with a few other things! [Linked Image]

Marijuana Lamp Receptacle? I guess since it IS hospital grade it could be for "medicinal marijuana" [Linked Image] THAT must be what the green dot means!

Scott & Scott.... If that was a winning ticket, I'd be starting "ECN Electric Inc." & making offers to steal everyone here into my new company [Linked Image] (A trip to Acapulco wouldn't be out of the question before startup! [Linked Image] Plenty of neglegent electrical installations to keep the board happy there!) [Linked Image] I get a feeling electure & Joe T would be out paying taxi drivers to take them through all the back alleys, cameras at ready!

ComputerWiz.... I hope you plan on breaking the "split circuit" tab off your decora receptacle before you install it.... You have a dead short right now!

BTW.. I do remember seeing a receptacle at downtown LA's "Union Station", which would solve the problem.. The grounds faced each other!! [Linked Image] This was a loooong time ago when I was a kid... For all I know, one of the faces could've been broken out & someone stuck it back in upside down! (the nearest thing I could come up with..) I think the place has been remodeled since then, but I'll take a walk through there next time I'm in that area, just in case...

-Randy

LMAO... I saw that link someplace else in the forum... That things just too wierd to install & have someone know what to do with it! That wasn't the Union station one LOL... Take the duplex above & flip both outlets so the grounds face each other..

-Randy

BTW
The Biceptacle is “listed” by CSA for US and Canada. CSA is an OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) approved Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL). Therefore, a “listing” by CSA meets every legal requirement for safety testing and installation in EVERY city, region, and municipality in US and Canada

Thats funny, City of Los Angeles made me change ALL my lighting contactors on a job because they only had CSA on them!

C
C-H Offline
BiceptacleTM is the next world standard in electrical receptacle design which incorporates a revolutionary but simple concept.

A world standard in electrical receptacle design? Now that would really be something!
[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard