ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Something like: http://www.laner.com/cgi-bin/wwiz.asp?wwizmstr=MVES.SEE&pid=WEB-SPECS*PB101&u=wwizmstr=MVES.SEARCH|pcat=TOOL5&pcat=TOOL5&x2=3&sku=175977

-Jon

C
C-H Offline
So that is what the NEMA version looks like. I did wonder what was used on your side of the Atlantic. Looks very robust. Question is how you get the handyman engineer to use it [Linked Image]

You force them to use it.
Those are only for 1Ø 120/208 0r 240 temp services, but a great idea.

Sorry about getting so crazy about this, but I've been fighting (as quietly as I can, which is not very quietly) this stuff for > 3 yrs) [Linked Image]

I'm scared for the people that work there.

I've come into this place and found the panel covers off, all the screws lost, and a cord tied into a loosened up 225A Main lug panel's feed. Just to insert a #10, which the engineer will argue is good for 60A
The entire factory is a spider's web of homemade, non listed extension cords.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 03-14-2004).]

W
is the guy a P.E. If so, can't he decide what he can do or not according to the NEC. I think in Maine a P.E. can overrule code if he says it will work, of course if it doesn't he hangs.

I guess it must be tough to follow those directions that come with those cord ends, eh? [Linked Image]

W
He probably cannot overrule OSHA rules even if he can overrule NEC rules. Of course how do you arrange a visit from OSHA without the boss knowing?....

wa2ise,
You've hit exactly on my dilemna.
I've scolded and mouthed off (you think I came up with this "electure" stuff all by myself? It was a nickname given to me by co-workers when the word "electure" came up in the 2000 Presidential elections. My ravings about Code & safety caused it)
The fingers would all point to me.
I'm stuck, guys. All I can do is wait it out, and hope that nobody gets hurt in the interim.
There's been an inspector, recently retired, that's been through this place many times.
Although he was pretty good on collecting permit fees, it seems he was blind in one eye, and couldn't see out of the other.
Hopefully, things will change.
BTW, this lab has a myriad of different receptacles available, from 15A 120V through the 100A 208V. The guy always seems to pick the biggie, though. I'll try to get a pic of his "adapters"
[Linked Image]...S
PS. He's an ME, Manufacturing Engineer, not a PE, he can't overrule anything.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 03-15-2004).]

W
I'd hesitate to call him an engineer without a PE license. I'd say if he not a PE he's a dub and should be refered to
accordingly [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard