ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
No, they'll blame the meter reader. [Linked Image]
Or POCO linemen doing maintenance on meters.

J
Putting a KO cover on some stranger's meter $ .35

Looking around so not to be fined for trespassing $ 500.00

Knowing some kid playing around is NOT going to put his finger inside the meter….

PRICELESS!

God Bless You.

Walking around an unfinished basement that was being finished. The electricians forgot to nail up a box, so I snatch a hammer out of a toolbox, pound the nails into the stud, and walk away. Oh yeah, I put the hammer back! Don't know why I did it, but I felt well afterwards.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
Cat Servant
Sometimes a thing so offends your sensibilities you just to do someting!

Why, just the other day, I was leaving a shopping center when I noticed a switchgear door open. It was hard to miss- it stuck out into the traffic lane! Maybe too hard to miss- some one had "tapped" it just had enough to bend the rod that held it in the 'open' position.
A moment with a pair of pliers, and the door was once again closed- securely this time.

R
I have an obsessive compulsive thing about looking over the exposed electrical assembly wherever I go. You would be amazed how many places have recepts with no covers. I have seen that in the kids aisle in clothing stores, waiting rooms, and even in a hardware store.

How many of you guys have had your spouse tell you to stop looking at the conduit on the ceiling of a department store? I also have a habit of checking out my friends new houses to make sure everything is safe and sound. Hmmm? I wonder if that is why I am always getting invited over?

B
I constantly look at the electrical wherever I go. I dont know why, but it just interests me. I am sometimes amazed at the ammount of stuff that is just downright wrong.

B
I almost always take a good look at the ceiling. I looked up in a recently completed addition of our church last week and noticed the key still in the test circuit switch for the fire alarm. Maybe not a killer but sure an invitation for trouble.

An interesting point here gentlemen: If you see a hazard, say an open cover, and report it to the owner/person responsible, and there is a subsequent accident/fire; - Are they still covered by their insurance if they take no remedial action? Are they culpable of a reckless act and liable to criminal procedings in the event of subsequent injury or death as a "act of omission" if they do nothing?
Alan

Wood work but can't!
How many of you guys have had your spouse tell you to stop looking at the conduit on the ceiling of a department store?

Oh, yes...You're not alone.
This_Thread identifed the syndrome, but we never came up with a cure for the "Electrician's Disease" that runs rampant through our members.

P
Good point there. It must be over a year ago that I reported a missing cover on a streetlight in a nearby town to the works dept. of the borough council. I had no acknowledgment of my e-mail, and the cover was still missing when I went back some time later.

Haven't been down that way for months, but for all I know it might still be the same. [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard