ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 228 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Bjarney,

What are we looking at here?
I remember seeing this before, but didn't know what it was about.

Bill

Bill
T
Looks to me like 4 guys in hazmat suits and 1 nonchalant fellow in shorts trying to get in the picture.

Donnie
B
Bill, the wide variation in clothing looked a bit odd. ;-)

Yes, it looks like someone is over or under dressed [Linked Image]

Bill

Bill
B
Probably 98% or the time the “pro-clo” isn’t needed, but it’s sort of a chicken-and-egg thing. They have to don the gear to increase their odds of being able to walk away from the sampling location.

On the African continent there’s a small valley where animals descend into, and die in their tracks. A rare set of deadly conditions routinely exist there. Local volcanic activity and peculiar geography funnel heavier-than-air CO2 into the valley, and lack of air currents concentrate CO2 in the area and animals drop dead, ignorant of the absence of oxygen.

I
Bjarney

Where exactly is that valley, I have a few people that I would gladly give first class airfare to so they could investigate this for themselves. [Linked Image]

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
B
It was on a Nova-TV epsiode. I can't find the right search keywords to locate it now, but when I do I'll post it.

J
The valley was in Cameroon, in 1984 or 1985. Viva la legion!

:
i found all these videos a few days ago on themeterman.com.

what i'm asking myself is: Why wasnt the line the truck hit shut down? Doesnt there trip anything?

I live in germany, and 3 years ago on the other side of our street a big crane's metal chain touched a 3 phase 22kV line supplying our village. i was on the street with my bycilce and heard a lout buzz, and the power was gone (it was day, but i instantly called my mom and asked if we had power).

a few minutes later there was some wind, the chain touched the line again, short buzz, then quiet.

later when the energy suppliers craftsmen were there to repair the line, i asked why it buzzed again some time after the first time.
they said the line was shut down at the first buzz and was reconnected after 2 minutes to check if there was just a false alarm, big bird on a pole or sth., after the second flash the line then is finally shut down for local check.

why did the power flow constantly through the truck in the video?? is there no shutdown for these faults or didnt it work???

[This message has been edited by :andy: (edited 10-20-2003).]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard