ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#114293 02/17/03 01:18 AM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
[Linked Image]
This is in the same building as our office. Someone has put a tag on a piece of equipment warning that it shouldn't be used. He or she also put a padlock on the emergency disconnect. There's just one little problem...

(In case you were wondering, "Nödströmbrytare" means emergency disconnect in Swedish.)

C-H

F
i wondering if they put the padlock to keep it on all the time i can see the box with handle with lever up to on postion and lock it on all the time to prevent anyone to turn off the power by mistake i see it some in both usa and france locations

P.S. i belive the code do allow to keep it lock for specal reason i dont rember it is fall under section 200 or 450 ( 96code)

merci marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

J
Frenchie- I believe that whether you can lock the disconnect in the "on" position depends upon whether there is overcurrent protection at, or next to, the disconnect. I see a lot of such "lock-ons" at service entrances, just before the meters/panels.

C
C-H Offline
Well, I'm certain this wasn't intended as a lock-in. The trolley hoist (Is that the right word? It's used to lift cargo and move it along a rail) it controls has been hit by trucks repetedly, which has meant that the rail is severly damaged. Someone inspected it a few months ago and decided that it shouldn't be used. When I saw that someone had put a lock on it I thought "Great", but a moment later went [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard