ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 570 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I believe there also has to be a removal of the fill valve so that no oil is mistakenly delivered to a decomissioned tank
Someone my wife knows had their House up for sale and was in already in Contract with someone. Person next door calls for an oil delivery and driver goes to the wrong house by mistake. Wifes' Friend was not home and driver pumps oil into the fill pipe, but there was no tank inside. They had removed the tank (maybe converted to Gas, I don't know) but did not remove the pipe. They now had all this Oil in their Finished Basement!

I don't know what happened, but I'm sure it was not fun.

Bill

Bill
P
but the government is probably just as (if not more) concerned about the folks with diesel vehicles using the stuff in their cars/trucks (thereby avoiding fuel taxes)

Reminds me of the story which emerged in Britain a few weeks ago about some enterprising people in Wales running their diesel cars on various combinations of vegetable oils, including the left-over frying oil from fish-&-chip shops!

Paul:
I wonder, did the exhaust smell like an Arthur Treachers??? (A Fish & Chips "fast food" chain that used to be here in NJ, USA)

Seriously, would the exhaust have a fishy tinge??

John

John
N
From what I've heard, it does. [Linked Image]

A product called "biodiesel" can be made from just about any kind of vegetable oil, and burned in a standard diesel engine. A search on "biodiesel" on google turns up all kind sof links. One demonstration project that got a fair bit of coverage (at least in the alternative press) has it's own website at:
http://www.veggievan.org

T
Say, what ever happened to Gasohol?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard